Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Here we go! It's tournament eve. I can't wait.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Here we go! It's tournament eve. I can't wait.
    Indeed, should be a cracker of a tournament. Don't really care who wins as long as it's enjoyable. Let's go!:ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You know what? I actually think Afghanistan will do well. They may lose every game, but I can see them posing threats to every side (bar SA, admittedly, because of their hitting power) in their group.
    They have some chance, for sure. Will be good for the game if they come close/beat one of the top teams.

ReputationRep:
    Here's hoping for an exciting and unpredictable tournament with India coming out as champions!

ReputationRep:
    Pakistan VS India - urdu/hindi language
    funny responses

ReputationRep:
    Predictions for player of the tournament:

Virat Kohli is my pick. If he continues his incredible run in T20I then India should do very well (and win), you would think.

I feel like we will see loads of incredible performances though, and the fielding will be top notch for most of the tournament, too.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by moment of truth)
    Predictions for player of the tournament:

Virat Kohli is my pick. If he continues his incredible run in T20I then India should do very well (and win), you would think.

I feel like we will see loads of incredible performances though, and the fielding will be top notch for most of the tournament, too.
    Kohli for sure. Biggest threat to him is the likely suspects - ABDV, Williamson, Root, Gayle.

I imagine we'll see flashes of brilliance from Amir, Tamir, Ashwin, Pandya, Rahman too.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wow. NZ win the toss and choose to bat - but they've omitted Southee, Boult, Nicholls and McClenaghan in order to include three spinners!

ReputationRep:
    6, out. First two balls. :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Wow. NZ win the toss and choose to bat - but they've omitted Southee, Boult, Nicholls and McClenaghan in order to include three spinners!
    Very bad decision.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Reverse sweep 6! Plus, umpire needs to cancel out the pressure from the bowling side and the crowd. Guptill was clearly not out. Umpiring at the Asia Cup was bad too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Strange decision, but we will see how it plays out. At least they were willing to try something different.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I would say NZ are at least 25 short on a pitch like this, a few early wickets and it'll be a good contest. Should be straight forward for India though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Enginerd.)
    I would say NZ are at least 25 short on a pitch like this, a few early wickets and it'll be a good contest. Should be straight forward for India though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    And that is exactly what has happened :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Damn India, what are you doing?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Loooool did not expect this from India.

ReputationRep:
    Game will depend on whether NZ can break this partnership. While others can bat after this, Kohli and Dhoni are Indian's best batsmen and under pressure situations like this.

Would be great to see an update on day 1 of the group stages though!

ReputationRep:
    This partnership is crucial, get Kohli and NZ should be favourites!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    India batting terribly!

ReputationRep:
    Got him!

NZ on top

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 6, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.