Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

World Twenty20 2016 Thread watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Kohli bowling was a bad decision from a normally cool-headed captain, seems like dhoni wanted to go out with a bang and it didn't pay off

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Enginerd.)
    Is that real?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah... He deleted it and apologised

ReputationRep:
    Seriously though, Indian bowling was a huge let down. Multiple no-balls in a T20 is not acceptable. Plus, Kohli bowling a few overs was a bit of a surprise. Giving him the final over was daft and Ashwin should've taken the responsibility.

They played superbly after their first game and did look like the champions but, commiserations.

West Indies on the other hand are really batting heavy but the bowling was disappointing. Bad field placements allowed the Indians plenty of twos let alone singles.

Come Sunday, England will not back down. Bowling is semi-decent but the batting is strong... tipping them to come through. Should be exciting. :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student403)
    Yeah... He deleted it and apologised
    Damage was done though, don't expect him to get a good welcome next time he's in India.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Damage was done though, don't expect him to get a good welcome next time he's in India.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Certainly not. If you read his apology it was obv bs. He definitely wrote it out of spite for India

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show

For the Indian team's situation today :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Can't say I'm disappointed to see India beaten lol but a brilliant game and shame I couldn't watch it live! Kohli's brilliance yet again carrying his team but he got fortunate with a few shots at the end but all well-thought out and planned. The stadium was the same England chased 230 so yes, going for the maximum should have been targeted more rather than the 1s or 2s. I thought Dhoni was over-playing the dew factor a tad in his interview - needed maybe another ten runs and spinners didn't come to grip with the conditions as well. West Indies, for the experience they have in their T20 team, should be reaching semis as a minimum. Gayle, Bravo, Russell all have jumped on the T20 franchise trains across the world so you'd expect them to lead their team in these sorts of tournaments and why I'd have them as favourites for Sunday.

ReputationRep:
    Kohli would've seriously been elevated to God status in India if he'd managed to keep them at bay.

Anyways, if Gayle, Bravo and Russell are on it, I reckon they could carry Windies through. If not, then I can't really see England losing. They have a much, much better bowling attack than Windies and a decently deep batting lineup.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Fantastic match.

It was the battle of Simmons vs. Kohli, rather than Gayle and Kohli. I feared for the Windies when I saw Gayle removed so early, and when they were 19-2, I was banking on India. Bumrah got him with a peach of a delivery. But, Simmons got them out of a jam - and in what style. He should have been dismissed three times, sure, but Kohli was lucky to escape twice off that farcical attempt for a single off the direct hit.

I felt that India really let themselves down today. Of course, given the events in Kolkata, you can't place too much emphasis on sport/cricket at a time like this. Dhoni's captaincy was poor, though, giving Kohli the ball for the final over and persisting with Pandya and not to mention bowling Ashwin for only 2 overs.

Bowling discipline obviously let the Indians down.

Rahane's recall set the tone for India. His running was imperative to the side getting a good score. This India team are a funny outfit. They don't chase boundaries. In fact, only 49% of their runs came in boundaries. Kohli typifies this: looking for smart doubles, singles, placing his shots with aplomb. The Windies, in contrast, are sloggers. And Simmons is the brawniest of the bunch.

When you come up against a Windies side like this, you can do little to stop it. Simmons' knock was his career best, India conceded the most amount of sixes they ever have in a T20, and 76% of WI's runs were via 4s and 6s. Heavy hitting works best on a track like Mumbai, as expected.

Roll on Sunday...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Indeterminate)
    How far did your team get? Do tell :teehee:

:cry2::cry:

#PakistanZindabaad

ReputationRep:
    Dear India,

If Pakistan didn't make it, you won't as well cos hum saath saath hain #YehDostiHumNahiTorayGe

Proud Pakistani,
    BrokenLife

ReputationRep:
    If only Bhuvi was playing :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    It's clear ill-discipline with the ball cost India.

Jadeja went for 48 in his four overs. That is a farcical statistic, when you take into account how difficult the WI bowlers made life for India. Kohli was relegated to hitting twos, and he managed to hit ten of them. The Windies took boundaries out of the equation, and I thought Benn and Badree bowled exceptional length and line to Rahane.

Contrast that with India. They were guilty of overstepping at critical points - twice - and Jadeja served up half-volley after half-volley for Simmons.

Dhoni should have allowed Ashwin more than two overs, sure, and he probably shouldn't have persisted with Pandya for so long, but it's telling that Charles - probably the weak link in the WI lineup - managed to score 52, and 42 of those were down leg side.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    It's clear ill-discipline with the ball cost India.

Jadeja went for 48 in his four overs. That is a farcical statistic, when you take into account how difficult the WI bowlers made life for India. Kohli was relegated to hitting twos, and he managed to hit ten of them. The Windies took boundaries out of the equation, and I thought Benn and Badree bowled exceptional length and line to Rahane.

Contrast that with India. They were guilty of overstepping at critical points - twice - and Jadeja served up half-volley after half-volley for Simmons.

Dhoni should have allowed Ashwin more than two overs, sure, and he probably shouldn't have persisted with Pandya for so long, but it's telling that Charles - probably the weak link in the WI lineup - managed to score 52, and 42 of those were down leg side.
    Pandya was voted 'Most Entertaining Youngster' or something on the ICC T20 app ahead of Root.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    ha ha ha!!

ReputationRep:
    @Zamestaneh you were saying something about India yesterday... :hahaha:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple)
    Mushfiqur you legend :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Attachment 517313
    I AM DEAD. I don't even know Mushiqfur but already love him...he is so jokes but tis one is something else!!:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

ReputationRep:
    A bit late but had to be shared...

Name:  PhotoGrid_1459474150996.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  440.7 KB

Says 'Yeh Bharat ki har par yeh kameeni si khushi pata nahi kyun hoti hai'

Attachment 517433517435

Attachment 517433517435517440

#YehDostiHumNahiTorayGe #MaukaMauka
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Did you guys see saudi people saying mauka mauka!
    Sorry Indians

ReputationRep:
    Pandya was voted 'Most Entertaining Youngster' or something on the ICC T20 app ahead of Root.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't even know how. His bowling hasn't been great all tournament and he hasn't batted well either. He had that one game against Bangladesh, but we didn't really win because of his bowling in the final over, it was cause of the Bangladeshi batsmen.

He has some talent, and will probably play for India for a while, but he needs to improve and become a smarter player. Bumrah has been much better than him.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 6, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.