Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can someone identify these bite marks? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  490.8 KBAttachment 510181510183

Could someone please help me identify these? I can't find any bed bugs in the wood work under my bed or in my sheets but woke up with these 4 white bites in a perfect line. Really itchy. Thank you in advance I'm so paranoid.

Edit: That is my upper inner thigh.
    Attached Images

• TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by adamsmith52)

Could someone please help me identify these? I can't find any bed bugs in the wood work under my bed or in my sheets but woke up with these 4 white bites in a perfect line. Really itchy. Thank you in advance I'm so paranoid.

Do you have pets? I get loads of little bites when my cats get fleas and they are often in groups or a line.
    It could still be bed bugs even if you can't find any cos they can hide pretty well in your matress and stuff. Wash your bedding and possibly use some sort of bug killer (there are types for it) on your bed if it persists

Coud also be some sort of flying bug that got in. Probably not moquito if they are little. or even a late flare up to something like an ant. It isn't unusual to have a slight reaction to any bite.

Bites happen, and its nothing to worry about unless they get really bad or you start feeling ill too. I they are rather itcy or red (they look a little irritated to me) you could put some anticeptic cream or aloevera on them.
    If you are really concerned just pop to your pharmacist and they can take a look for you.

ReputationRep:
    I've got these marks on me too! I've got 6 of them all down my left side and they are so itchy! Unfortunately I don't know what they are either but from other people's opinion it's either a bite or heat spots. I'm going to my GP tomorrow for an unrelated issue so I'll probably bring it up when I'm there. I'll let you know what gets said!

ReputationRep:
    horsefly maybe

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I got a few bites from leaving my window open few days ago, I think it might be a nat or a spider or something, it was pretty sore.... they've stopped now tho and no more bites.

(Original post by adamsmith52)

Sorry, but bite marks clustered together like that are often bed bugs (usually 3 bites in a row). But if you have an infestation at home you'll get more.

Adn don't expect to be able to see them by the way because they are tiny and hide very well.

Bed bug bites themselves need no treatment. but can be bloody itichy

ReputationRep:
    Gnat maybe ???

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 10, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.