Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys

I have made my firm choice but I have recently found a completely different course that seems to fit my skill set perfectly and is even more related to my a levels than the one I applied for!, the problem I have is I that I only want to only do it if I can achieve ABB on results day so I know that I'm good enough for it because although it does go to clearing, high grades are required for it so ill need to wait til the day. If I do get ABB is it possible to reject my offers on results day and hope for a space in clearing? or can the unis I have applied for refuse to release me? cos its a foundation year ive applied for right now and the entry requirements are DDD - so I kno I'm gonna get an offer cos I'm aiming for a lot higher so I wouldn't be able to go into clearing straight away

Worst comes to worst Idm taking a gap year- but is this possible if the uni refuse to release me and I have to end up going? What would you advise is best to do in my situation?

Sorry for all the questions,

Thanks in advance, much appreciated
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by artymaniac)
    Hey guys

I have made my firm choice but I have recently found a completely different course that seems to fit my skill set perfectly and is even more related to my a levels than the one I applied for!, the problem I have is I that I only want to only do it if I can achieve ABB on results day so I know that I'm good enough for it because although it does go to clearing, high grades are required for it so ill need to wait til the day. If I do get ABB is it possible to reject my offers on results day and hope for a space in clearing? or can the unis I have applied for refuse to release me? cos its a foundation year ive applied for right now and the entry requirements are DDD - so I kno I'm gonna get an offer cos I'm aiming for a lot higher so I wouldn't be able to go into clearing straight away

Worst comes to worst Idm taking a gap year- but is this possible if the uni refuse to release me and I have to end up going? What would you advise is best to do in my situation?

Sorry for all the questions,

Thanks in advance, much appreciated
    Unis could take their time releasing you but they can't force you to go there. If you do exceed your firm offer you d be eligible for adjustment so getting released into clearing wouldn't be necessary.

ReputationRep:
    Can I change course in adjustment?
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    Unis could take their time releasing you but they can't force you to go there. If you do exceed your firm offer you d be eligible for adjustment so getting released into clearing wouldn't be necessary.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by artymaniac)
    Can I change course in adjustment?
    Yes assuming you get more than the DDD of your firm offer

ReputationRep:
    Oh i didnt realise you could switch courses i thought it was only which uni u go to thanx for yr help it was really useful ☺☺QUOTE=claireestelle;631993 35]Yes assuming you get more than the DDD of your firm offer [/QUOTE]

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.