Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'd really like Rusedski to win. Everyone worships Henman and forgets poor ickle Greg . Not that I particularly like him, but I do feel kinda sorry for him.

does anyone else here hate hewitt?

ReputationRep:
    Roddick or Hewitt for Mens
    One of the Williams for Womens

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamTheMan)
    Wow I never knew that. That is amazing. Almost against the laws of nature/sport. There must have been something that clicked in his head or something. When any sportsman on the downslope towards retirement, he rarely comes back like that. The laws of nature are against him...
    Yes I know. It was weird - From the start of the tournament he said "I am destined to win after losing in the 3 finals."

He just kept churning out result after result, beating unbelievable players.

He beat henman in 5 sets, and was 2 points away from defeat, and he beat rafter in the final after being 2 points away from defeat.

He was destined to win, serious - For example, he'd pray to god on big, big points and it would end up going his way. I remember on his 4th match point in the final, he kissed the ball and the tennis line. He then served and rafter hit the ball at the bottom of the net and he collapsed (ivanisevic).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DazYa002)
    does anyone else here hate hewitt?
    I kind of admire his strong mentality on court. He never gives up, which is something I have learnt from.

(Original post by glance)
    I kind of admire his strong mentality on court. He never gives up, which is something I have learnt from.
    and roddick, goran etc do? excluding tim, i think that is something he lacks in....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dmitrij_savicki)
    roddick/hewitt for men and sharpova for women will win. actualy anyone can will apart from henman coz he is just a disapointment
    He got to the semi-finals of the French. I wouldn't call that a disappointment. It is because the media hype him too much that many people feel he is a disappointment. I don't really see many other British players out there getting that far in Grand Slams...

ReputationRep:
    How on earth hasn't anyone recommended Federer to win the tournament?

World Number One, Defending Wimbledon Champion and thought of as the biggest tennis talent ever? How on earth has no1 mentioned him to win?

He's the favourite with the bookies!

ReputationRep:
    federer will win again - but i'm supporting ivanisovic all the way!

ReputationRep:
    He got to the semi-finals of the French. I wouldn't call that a disappointment. It is because the media hype him too much that many people feel he is a disappointment. I don't really see many other British players out there getting that far in Grand Slams...
    he is a dissapointment for the amount of media coverage he gets, he hasnt even won a major title in his life, and every year the wimbledon comes around its always 'this is gonna be tims year'

ReputationRep:
    and roddick, goran etc do? excluding tim, i think that is something he lacks in....
    Well, when you watch Hewitt, he runs down every ball, he puts all his energy into each point. Roddick didn't use to be mentally strong. He's certainly got better on the mental side of the game, but I still don't think he's a tough as Hewitt. Goran is tough in the mind- I mean, there's not many people in the world who could have had the mental strength to come back and win wimbledon on the verge of retirement.

Well, when you watch Hewitt, he runs down every ball, he puts all his energy into each point. Roddick didn't use to be mentally strong. He's certainly got better on the mental side of the game, but I still don't think he's a tough as Hewitt. Goran is tough in the mind- I mean, there's not many people in the world who could have had the mental strength to come back and win wimbledon on the verge of retirement.
    Roddick is a god, hes big built too which also helps him, i just hope hewitt doesn't win

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dmitrij_savicki)
    he is a dissapointment for the amount of media coverage he gets, he hasnt even won a major title in his life, and every year the wimbledon comes around its always 'this is gonna be tims year'
    He's been Number 2 in the world.

ReputationRep:
    Roddick is a god, hes big built too which also helps him, i just hope hewitt doesn't win
    Lol. That serve of Roddick's is a god.

heh i don't mind timmy, people say i resemble him

ReputationRep:
    Wait a minute.

How on earth is henman even capable of beating roddick or federer? He was 1 point away from being 2 sets to 0 down against a random nobody who had never played a grass court game in his life! (Serious) Henman doesn't have the ability to beat federer or roddick or even Hewitt.

Lol. That serve of Roddick's is a god.
    yeah i know its lethal, as is gorans

ReputationRep:
    heh i don't mind timmy, people say i resemble him
    You act like a **** by clenching your first on every point you win, even against nobodies?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Logarithm)
    Wait a minute.

How on earth is henman even capable of beating roddick or federer? He was 1 point away from being 2 sets to 0 down against a random nobody who had never played a grass court game in his life! (Serious) Henman doesn't have the ability to beat federer or roddick or even Hewitt.
    Henman's beaten Federer loads of times at Wimbledon. Not last year but the year before Henman beat Federer in like the second round or something.

(Original post by Logarithm)
    You act like a **** by clenching your first on every point you win, even against nobodies?
    who cares? its a win/point at the end of the day right?

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.