Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So she has been talking to me for 3 or 4 weeks now and she has hinted to me before that she likes me but she said she had been hurt before. Today she was talking to me and said that she was starting to doubt that her ex liked her at all and She said that it makes it harder because when someone nice comes along she thinks like they're gonna be like everyone else, I'm starting to like her but I've been told before to never tell women how you feel. When I asked her who the people are that have come along she said "oh, there's some nice ones I talk to" what do I do?

ReputationRep:
    If you like her, tell her. The worst she can say is no.

ReputationRep:
    are you a girl lmao?

ReputationRep:
    Focus on being her friend first and build her trust.

ReputationRep:
    Depends. Is it important that you stay friends however she responds?

(Original post by offhegoes)
    Depends. Is it important that you stay friends however she responds?
    Honestly, I don't know

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Honestly, I don't know
    Erm. Then it isn't

Tell her.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by bobding123)
    I'm starting to like her but I've been told before to never tell women how you feel.
    Ask her out on a date. It's a much better way to get your message across than confessing your feelings. That way she has to give you an answer and puts less pressure on her

(Original post by offhegoes)
    Erm. Then it isn't

Tell her.
    Surely if I tell her she'll think I'm just like everyone else though?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xobeauty)
    Focus on being her friend first and build her trust.
    are you serious? rofl.
    inb4 friendzone
    gg

ReputationRep:
    What's with all this "I like you" nonsense? You're not in primary school.
    If you're interested in someone then ask them out on a date like a grown up.

There's no need to be melodramatic and insincere by confessing your "feelings" (which is most likely just infatuation). Its also pointless being interested in just one person at a time- you have no way of knowing if you two are romantically compatible despite any mutual interest there may be. I suggest you go out and meet more potential romantic interests because being soley interested in one person isn't a good look. *shrugs* Maybe that's just me since I have a short attention span when it comes to being romantically interested in people.

ReputationRep:
    Dude just ask her out. It wont kill you.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 5, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.