Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, I'm applying to Harrow halls of residence and I'm unsure whether to go for a large room or a standard room. Can any students st the university offer any advice? Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Swear you can't apply to April ??

ReputationRep:
    I recommend a large one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by em.ilypalm)
    Hi guys, I'm applying to Harrow halls of residence and I'm unsure whether to go for a large room or a standard room. Can any students st the university offer any advice? Thanks!
    I live in the Harrow Halls of Residence in a standard room. It's not bad; the bed is a single, there is quite a bit of storage space excluding the wardrobe, and the shower and toilet aren't oppressively small.

However, if the extra costs aren't cumbersome, a large room could be worth it, particularly if you have quite a bit of stuff to bring.

Hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ice Cream Planet)
    I live in the Harrow Halls of Residence in a standard room. It's not bad; the bed is a single, there is quite a bit of storage space excluding the wardrobe, and the shower and toilet aren't oppressively small.

However, if the extra costs aren't cumbersome, a large room could be worth it, particularly if you have quite a bit of stuff to bring.

Hope this helps!
    Does every standard room come with en-suite facilities ?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by bambamdilla)
    Does every standard room come with en-suite facilities ?
    Hi there

Yes every standard room comes with en-suite facilities.

Best wishes

Kim
    Course Enquiries Team

ReputationRep:
    So , toilet, shower and a washbasin?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by bambamdilla)
    So , toilet, shower and a washbasin?
    yes, exactly, toilet shower and washbasin.

Kim

ReputationRep:
    Thanks so much!!

ReputationRep:
    Dont apply there, just left and its awful, raffles house is miles better

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shannonlouiseJ16)
    Dont apply there, just left and its awful, raffles house is miles better
    What exactly is awful?

ReputationRep:
    I lived in Harrow Halls for two years and I will be graduating from the University of Westminster this year. There are some definite advantages of living on campus: meeting various creative students, close access to the studios, the library and academic facilities, 24/7 security and lots of opportunities for student media, societies and extracurricular activities. Central London is not far away (20 mins on the Metropolitan line to Baker Street) and we have Harrow on the Hill town centre close-by for a cultural and social vibe and entertainment. I lived in a standard room and I dare say I was quite comfortable. There is storage space available and a really large desk for studying etc. However, as with any university provided accommodation, there are certain things you will have to learn to live with if you choose this option. You can end up living in the same flat with noisy, somewhat sloppy or not particularly sociable people but that can happen anywhere, even in privately rented accommodation. Noise can be an annoying problem sometimes but you can always negotiate with your flatmates or if things get serious, call campus security. It can sometimes feel a bit overwhelming, especially if that is your first time away from home or if you are a slightly more private person, but the great thing about university halls in general and Harrow Hall in particular is that it really starts you off with great fun and memories, academic flexibility due to location and an opportunity to network with a wide variety of people.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 25, 2018
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.