Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I am a third year female at university- thought an intro was necessary.... and
    there's this guy (the cliche that instigates much emotional trauma)
    Frankly, I am in a muddle with what he wants from me and how he actually feels.
    To begin, we met at an exhibition at the end of our first year, where we immediately connected through mutual style of humor and style of designing.
    After we created a friendly relationship, we later started going on midnight walks that would last till 4-5am and involve exploring and him taking me 'somewhere really nice'. These walks don't include any form of physical contact (I'm not the type to do things that way), only chatting, laughing, him tackling me a lot, star gazing at times and wanting to see sun rises (which we always tended to miss). Our conversations would go from serious debates, to playing idiotic games, to him throwing unnecessary compliments at me.
    We spoke/speak everyday (via text)- whether it be during holidays or schools days. The texting each day would only stop once one fell asleep- majoritively 4am, but I would be the first one he texts as soon as he awakes and last one before he sleeps.
    Both of us lead completely different and disjointed lives so we never really get a chance to see each other but keep in constant contact with one another nonetheless, through texting. At this point, we're pretty close. I'm a very private person yet he tries so hard to 'break my boundaries and enter my space'.
    A year passes and I started to develop feelings for the guy (shocker). I am someone that doesn't do 'romantic feelings', they aren't natural to me, so for me to feel this way about someone was surprising to myself. Even so, I remained quiet to see whether I was deluding myself or was actually attracted to him. I'm not sure how he feels about me at this point because let's be honest, we're all over critical of ourselves in this situation.
    I tell him that I like him a few months later, to which he responds in a sweet 'if I was, I would have said'. I thought: 'Great! Finally sorted this out! Let's close this chapter' A week or two pass and I get a frantic 'I need to see you' from him. I was busy and seemed reluctant but he was adamant to have this meet up. We meet up and he's tipsy. He 'had to get tipsy to talk about this'. We go on our famous walks but this time, he takes me to the first place we ever went (as 'It's a pretty place I want to take you to again'. This is where he sits me down and tells me 'You were always special to me, since the start. But commitment scares me. I'm not ready for it and I need time. I hope in the future we end up in the same place (referring to course paths as our course is VERY long)'. I ask what he felt exactly and he sticks with 'I don't know but you ARE really special and you're someone I care for a lot' During this walk session, he's constantly questioning whether I think of him as attractive and whether he was special to me and to which, I respond very dry 'you tell yourself that'
    Eitherway! It's been almost two years now- we still text everyday and everynight, but I'm starting to get irritated at whether I'm being played by the guy or he's being sincere with his feelings.
    The next term begins and we don't ask to meet up anymore which is weird to me. However, recently If I ask, he says he can't, and when he asks, I can't.
    He drunk texted me the other day, asking to sleep with me. I kindly declined as I don't do things that way but the conversation escalated to him justifying his question and how he was embarrassed etc etc.
    I have very strict personal space boundaries that I'm all too famous for (proudly) Yet he always tried to break them by tackle hugs, or pushing me against a wall (in a tackle) with his arms on both sides, asking me to look at him while I declined and squirmed for escape (because I DON'T do contact)
    He is known as a player once drunk and is very popular with the girls yet he remains single. He doesn't sleep around but what guy would decline a make out session in a drunken state? Every time anything new happens or something worries him, he tells me, even the girls he makes out with once he's drunk, he tells me about- And we both have a laugh about it.

Does he still see me as someone he likes or am I being emotionally messed with by a player. If so, why does he bother giving me so much time and effort- because my hyper nature is really overwhelming for some.

Lost and confused. Advice of any sort would be brilliant in all honesty
    Thank you for reading that entire essay.

ReputationRep:
    heck, if he doesn't know what drink has turned him into then you're bound to let him go for good.

ReputationRep:
    Can't really make head nor tail of this. Let him touch your baps and see what happens..

ReputationRep:
    Here's my understanding of what he was thinking throughout this time. He wanted to keep you as an option, basically he wants to play the field while he's in uni (or find out how good he is at getting girls) and perhaps get with you at a later stage although I doubt it would have been to make a long term commitment. He probably came to this conclusion because you seem like a hard girl to sleep with and you would've been a good notch on his belt because of that. But he also seems a bit frustrated because after investing his time into this "friendship" it didn't pan out the way he wanted it to, but he doesn't want all the time he's spent on you to be a wast, so he wants to touch base with you at regular intervals to see if he can eventually sleep with you.

If he really liked you he would've told you within six months or less.

(Original post by thegohst)
    Here's my understanding of what he was thinking throughout this time. He wanted to keep you as an option, basically he wants to play the field while he's in uni (or find out how good he is at getting girls) and perhaps get with you at a later stage although I doubt it would have been to make a long term commitment. He probably came to this conclusion because you seem like a hard girl to sleep with and you would've been a good notch on his belt because of that. But he also seems a bit frustrated because after investing his time into this "friendship" it didn't pan out the way he wanted it to, but he doesn't want all the time he's spent on you to be a wast, so he wants to touch base with you at regular intervals to see if he can eventually sleep with you.

If he really liked you he would've told you within six months or less.
    Damn...he tried hard. I shall close this chapter if he's going to feel like he can mess with people like that. Thanks!

(Original post by shawn_o1)
    heck, if he doesn't know what drink has turned him into then you're bound to let him go for good.
    I'm not going to lie, leaning towards letting him go completely...I don't appreciate people undermining someone like that. Jeeeeez he's put a lot of effort into this "play"

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 7, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.