Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I've always gotten on well with my friends boyfriend, we have some common interests and we study the same degree. Recently, he keeps texting me everyday asking me to meet up for coffee, dinner etc and I keep making excuses. I asked if I could bring my boyfriend and he said he'd prefer it if we were alone (and he loathes my boyfriend, and always has done). He called me up at 4am a week ago, telling me he couldn't sleep and stayed talking to me until 5am. He asked me out last night too, I said I was at uni and he managed to find me in the lecture and insisted we went out together!
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    Tell your friend about his behaviour

He went from never calling me, to ringing me everyday, even if I tell him I'm having an early night, he'll call at 2am and I'll tell him to call his girlfriend to which he'll make excuses.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Yeah, I'd talk to his girlfriend. Not acceptable, imo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    He went from never calling me, to ringing me everyday, even if I tell him I'm having an early night, he'll call at 2am and I'll tell him to call his girlfriend to which he'll make excuses.
    stop pussyfooting around him and tell him straight that you find his behaviour uncomfortable and inappropriate. Remind him there are boundaries and rining at 4am just for a chat is crossing them

ReputationRep:
    I think your friend is into you and is trying to take over your boyfriends place. You might need to have a word with your boyfriend about this, but make sure you inform your friend beforehand to may be relax a bit and stop trying to overtake your boyfriend (In the nicest way possible) lol.

ReputationRep:
    Stop making excuses and just start ignoring instead.

Don't tell your friend as it's likely to be taken the wrong way.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 5, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.