Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm embarrassed on how fat/ugly i used to look watch

ReputationRep:
    Is this normal, does anyone else feel this way?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DomiNateTricks)
    I think it's fairly normal, yes.
    I don't exactly prance around and preach about how drop dead gorgeous I think I am or whatever, but I've definitely discovered what kind of beauty/fashion regime makes me comfortable as I've grown older. That in turn has made me wonder what on earth I was thinking when I look back at old photographs and stuff, haha. Life's just a continual learning process.
    Nothing wrong with a bit of self-confidence. If you're happy with the way you are now then that's all that matters.

You do you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mochassassin)
    I think it's fairly normal, yes.
    I don't exactly prance around and preach about how drop dead gorgeous I think I am or whatever, but I've definitely discovered what kind of beauty/fashion regime makes me comfortable as I've grown older. That in turn has made me wonder what on earth I was thinking when I look back at old photographs and stuff, haha. Life's just a continual learning process.
    Nothing wrong with a bit of self-confidence. If you're happy with the way you are now then that's all that matters.

You do you!
    Thank you haha, I just didn't realise how bad i looked. Like i felt awful but it was just a surprise! can't wait for uni! Just trying to better myself

ReputationRep:
    Thank you haha, I just didn't realise how bad i looked. Like i felt awful but it was just a surprise! can't wait for uni! Just trying to better myself
    Hahaha, I feel like it's just a weird teenage phase, tbh! I suppose it is, since it's puberty and you're growing and getting pimples everywhere and worrying every little thing on your body.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I'm aware that not every teenage girl gets major breakouts and stuff, some people are just blessed with great genetics and don't have to worry about their bodies so good for them. Inb4 someone jumps down my throat about stereotyping! :lol:

Pleasant surprises are always good! You're really pretty so don't worry too much! Best of luck/have fun with uni.

ReputationRep:
    The only thing that matters is you look good now. So don't dwell on the past, live in the moment.

Oh yeah, no one will ever see pictures of me from the age of about 8 to 18. HIDEOUS. That decade pretty much didn't exist for anyone who knows me now. It shall never be spoken of or seen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by littlenorthernlass)
    Oh yeah, no one will ever see pictures of me from the age of about 8 to 18. HIDEOUS. That decade pretty much didn't exist for anyone who knows me now. It shall never be spoken of or seen.
    haha this made me laugh

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you should be more optimistic and feel good about how you look now?

ReputationRep:
    Well you look fabulous now so forget about those days gurl

ReputationRep:
    I went through the same thing! I was really anxious and depressed for most of my high school education and I used to dress unattractively and just try and blend in with the walls really. When I went to University I really changed a lot, and when I came back for the first break I went to the local pub with my friends, and there were a load of lads from school that used to be not so nice to the anxious mess I was back then!
    Anyway, the next morning I got a Facebook message from one of them, asking me out. He said something like.. 'Well you've changed loads since school, can I take you out?' It was so humiliating and I've never forgotten it.
    I'm about to finish my degree now and I've changed so much through the 3 years I've been here - physically and mentally. I'm sure you will look back on those years as a journey to the marvellous person you are now!

ReputationRep:
    Haha same but it's till the age of 20 with me I had no fashion sense when I was in my teens i looked like a dork until I started taking notice of fashion and had money to buy stuff I like.

ReputationRep:
    how have yeh improved your game

(Original post by trustmeimlying1)
    how have yeh improved your game

Clothes, confidence and hair.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.