What A levels should I take in order to become a detective?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Tia121
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I've always had a thing for becoming a detective and stuff, and I've already decided to study in law school, but what subjects are required for it? Thanks in advance.
Apolexian
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
Chemistry ia good for criminology ,maths too
Law is more for lawyers/economists not really detectives
Apolexian
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Tia121)
I've always had a thing for becoming a detective and stuff, and I've already decided to study in law school, but what subjects are required for it? Thanks in advance.
http://www.surrey.ac.uk/undergraduate/criminology
http://www.exeter.ac.uk/undergraduat...riminologybsc/
http://www.derby.ac.uk/criminology-a...logy-bsc-hons/
http://www.salford.ac.uk/ug-courses/criminology
http://www2.le.ac.uk/departments/cri...courses/ugfaqs
cleggj88
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Most unis ask for subjects like physics, maths, chemistry, further maths just any subjects that are deemed tough. Most dont always require a level law
Shiv is Light
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Law, pschology, chemistry, forensics,
justastudent321
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Wow, never heard of someone wanting to be a detective!! Amazing
Tia121
Rep:
(Original post by Shiv is Light)
Law, pschology, chemistry, forensics,
I see. I was thinking about becoming a homicide detective. Any other subjects needed for that? Thanks for the answer tho. Appreciate it. :1
Shiv is Light
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
I see. I was thinking about becoming a homicide detective. Any other subjects needed for that? Thanks for the answer tho. Appreciate it. :1
Idk really I just guessed those a levels
Duncan2012
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Join the police. You can find their entry requirements online.
username2269391
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Detectivology, is that a course?
MathsFanatic!
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
wow that's so cool!

I thin law would be good:
http://study.com/become_a_detective.html
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1465532

hope this helps
Runescapian
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
My friend studies criminology and took English, Sociology and Law
Tia121
Rep:
Ah, thanks for the answers, guys!
Tia121
Rep:
(Original post by justastudent321)
Wow, never heard of someone wanting to be a detective!! Amazing
Yep, not everyone wants to be a detective, but I'm really into stuff like these. Thanks tho.
Emilieexm
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Hi i was thinking of going into the same field when i was choosing my alevels, so i picked sociology, psychology and law. They are all really interesting subjects and all have something to do with crime. I also picked these because i wanted to do a degree in criminology, which may be an option if you don't want to continue doing just law. Even though i don't want to be in the police now, this still leaves other jobs in the criminal justice system open, like now i'm thinking of a job in probation.
yt7777
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Psychology
Law
Computer Science
Physical Education
Tia121
Rep:
(Original post by Emilieexm)
Hi i was thinking of going into the same field when i was choosing my alevels, so i picked sociology, psychology and law. They are all really interesting subjects and all have something to do with crime. I also picked these because i wanted to do a degree in criminology, which may be an option if you don't want to continue doing just law. Even though i don't want to be in the police now, this still leaves other jobs in the criminal justice system open, like now i'm thinking of a job in probation.
Well that's interesting. Maybe I'll chose the same for A levels. A **** ton of work tho... Thanks!
ChloeLynn97
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Human Biology
Psychology/Sociology
Law
CharlieM007
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
Does being a Detective, require an A level in maths and english?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (34)
9.83%
Okay (102)
29.48%
A bit lacking (126)
36.42%
Not good at all (84)
24.28%

Watched Threads