The Student Room Group

OCR A2 Computing F453 Official Thread 22/06/2016 Exam Discussion

Scroll to see replies

Original post by aa15ron
Would someone be able to explain to me what a class and object are? Can't get my head round it

Object:
-An instance of a class
A real world identity
-It has attributes and methods

Class:
- A template for a set of objects that have state and behaviour
Good luck everyone 🙈
Guys could you predict what could a eight marker would be?
I'm scared shitless... Good luck everyone!
Good luck guys👍

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good luck everyone.
THANK YOU OCR🙏bless up

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 287
How did everyone reckon it went? I thought it was pretty good generally, the stepwise one I wasn't quite sure what they were looking for but other than that it was fine.
Can someone tell me what the answer should have been for the 8 marker about CIR and the 6 marker about scope? And can someone draw the stepwise refinement thing too. Thanks
Thank you OCR for ending on a high note ... that was great.. wouldn't have minded a bit of a challenge but still a great paper overall ...
Reply 290
That paper was way too nice :smile:

So prepare for the high grade boundaries...
Reply 291
What did people put for the backtracking question?
Original post by jackkt_

Not a correct solution
find p
set p as hand_brake

can't remember the exact syntax.
Original post by rish_gi
That paper was way too nice :smile:

So prepare for the high grade boundaries...

Lol dont say that i still made some silly mistakes, what are the normal grade boundries do you know by heart?
Original post by jackkt_

Explain what backtracking is ...
Show what steps 12,13,14 would be ... which you use hand_brake as P
Use those steps to explain your point ...
6 marks in the bag.
That paper was amazing. No way I dropped more than 20 marks at MOST.

Maybe OCR felt *****y over last years shenanigans for f452???

I have a feeling most of us needed that paper after those football and off-syllabus questions :')

56/100 was an A for our year, so thinking they're trying to balance the grades???
Original post by Sallekmo
Lol dont say that i still made some silly mistakes, what are the normal grade boundries do you know by heart?

Last year was fairly easy ... so If I was you I'd go according to those boundaries ... add a little more to be cautious ...
I'll tell you what they were ...

A was 86 Marks ...
B was 75 Marks ..
C was 64 Marks
D was 54 marks ... etc.
If you got an E in that paper .. you either didn't give a **** and didn't revise or were half asleep.

Yeah .. you can expect them to be similar .. maybe add 2 marks to each boundary to be realistic.
Ehhh, I'm sure I made some mistakes, it's really hard to predict what way the markscheme will go on some questions. I'm pretty sure I ****ed up the backtracking question, but it was only 3/4 marks I believe so I'm not too worried.

They were so nice with the 8 marker, and the fact there were no trees was a complete blessing. No BNF was a surprise also.

That was actually an okay paper.
Original post by TheMathsMan
Last year was fairly easy ... so If I was you I'd go according to those boundaries ... add a little more to be cautious ...

A was 86 Marks ...
B was 75 Marks ..
C was 64 Marks
D was 54 marks ... etc.
If you got an E in that paper .. you either didn't give a **** and didn't revise or were half asleep.

Yeah .. you can expect them to be similar .. maybe add 2 marks to each boundary to be realistic.

If 85 was an A what was an A*?
Original post by TheMathsMan

A was 86 Marks ...
B was 75 Marks ..
C was 64 Marks
D was 54 marks ... etc.

To be honest i didnt know f453 was out of 120 but let me ask i just checked the grade boundaries. Does OCR f453 not have a*?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending