Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrSplash)
    This was utter shite but it cant get worse than "State your assumptions".
    Just waiting for a hitler reacts to video to ease the pain ;-p

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMathsMan)
    That's the thing ... I didn't answer all the questions ... last 5 minutes I realised I saved an 8 mark till the end and missed out on the 4 marks for the last question. My psuedo code was for the first time messy af. but everything else was partially fine.
    Similarly I missed out a 5 marker on writing some code using the RandomNumber function to generate a username, it sucks cos I knew how to do it, I just forgot about the question.

Overall the paper went well, I think I must've lost a mark here and there, so I'm giving myself perhaps 80/100?

ReputationRep:
    This paper was much better the last years I would think... Or maybe that's just the A2 perspective kicking in; I did however calculate the time for 180 hours rather than 3 hours in the file size question... Complete **** head

ReputationRep:
    I just as much as anyone hope that F453 is just as easy... Good luck everyone!

ReputationRep:
    didn't know if they wanted alpha testing or black and white box testing for that testing question

ReputationRep:
    I wrote alpha black and white; however my teacher explained that black and white are examples of alpha; I suppose the right combination would be black white and beta

ReputationRep:
    I didn't prepare enough; A2 is just so much more important

ReputationRep:
    I did black box, white box and break points. Friends did alpha/beta/acceptance. Should have been 6 marks(2x2x2) rather than 9(3x3x3) in my opinion.Very poorly worded.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Acceptance is defo wrong; because that's post development testing

ReputationRep:
    All the ocr papers I have done since gcse has always been ****ed... what gives.. wht the actual ****
    So scared for f453, hoping it resembles what i heard about f451

The variable records thing threw me, i started writing theory from data structures in f453

ReputationRep:
    Me and all 5 other people in my college; wrote about Dynamic and static data structures from A2... It pretty much seems like that's what they've thought of, they always give one *****y question in every exam. It's better than the crap they've given us over the years

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geekface98)
    Me and all 5 other people in my college; wrote about Dynamic and static data structures from A2... It pretty much seems like that's what they've thought of, they always give one *****y question in every exam. It's better than the crap they've given us over the years
    same... hope its right

ReputationRep:

Was that 8 marker even allowed. wtf....
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AKC...)
    Similarly I missed out a 5 marker on writing some code using the RandomNumber function to generate a username, it sucks cos I knew how to do it, I just forgot about the question.

Overall the paper went well, I think I must've lost a mark here and there, so I'm giving myself perhaps 80/100?
    OCR grade boundaries were really low last year. You could lose approximately 40 marks and still get an A.
    Btw, what did you get for the question where you had to calculate the size of the file? It was in question 1,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pragyas265)
    OCR grade boundaries were really low last year. You could lose approximately 40 marks and still get an A.
    Btw, what did you get for the question where you had to calculate the size of the file? It was in question 1,
    It was 67 for an A last year... I got 66

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrSplash)

Was that 8 marker even allowed. wtf....
    I don't think it's allowed... They obviously assume that everyone taking this one is also doing the A2 syllabus... Which is clearly wrong!

ReputationRep:
    I didn't sit F452 yesterday but it might be worth emailing OCR if you feel there were any problems. I emailed them last year about that 'FreeMeals' variable error and they responded with a pretty lengthy letter that did mention complaints are taken into account during the awarding process (ie setting grade boundaries).

ReputationRep:
    I remember that... I ordered my paper back; it didnt look they made any amendments, they might have adjusted it on a UMS level; but I really don't know

ReputationRep:
    Ive sent a complaint... Everyone else please send one; hopefully it can be overturned.

http://www.ocr.org.uk/contact-us/complaints-policy/

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.