Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter


    I am going through the student finance calculator and I am going to be applying pretty soon but have a question about household income, I am currently 23, working full time and living with my parents.

    From what I understand the household income is what my parents and I earn but once I start uni in September I will no longer be working full-time, will this change how much I am getting and how to I enter this?

    Thank you!
    • Official TSR Representative

    Official TSR Representative
    Hi CharlesNursing

    The assessment would be based on your parents income, unless you have supported yourself financially for 3 years in which case you can request to be assessed as independent.
    You only need to declare your own income from:
    • Bank or Building Society Gross Interest
    • Property Lettings or Rent
    • Dividends from investments/shares/unit trusts
    • Trusts or Sponsorships
    • Pensions
    • Any other payment received for attending the course (This does not include University Bursaries).
The home of Results and Clearing


people online now


students helped last year

University open days

  1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.