Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter


    I'm currently studying the equivalent of full time through OU so only receive tuition fee loan as its counted as part-time.

    I would like to transfer to a physical university to study full-time for my final year which will be 16/17. Whether I will be eligible for maintenance loan and how much will be vital when making the decision.

    I already have student debt from studying full-time over 10years ago (I got Ill and had to leave uni) and I'm concerned that this will affect my eligibility.

    Please can you tell me what the criteria is for this situation and, if you can, whether I'll be entitled to the maintenance loan.


    • Official TSR Representative

    Official TSR Representative
    Hi Claireh703

    If you go into year 3 (final) of a course you will be eligible for 4 years of funding, minus any years of previous study you have done.
    This is providing you don't already hold a qualification of the same level and the course is eligible for funding.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 21, 2016
  • create my feed
  • edit my feed
Could you cope without Wifi?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.