The Student Room Group

Rejected from Surrey Law with AAB because I did not take maths GCSE...?

It's the only university from my choice that I could attend and still live at home. I have OCD that is under okay control right now but I'm worried living in halls would make trigger it to be awful.
I have unconditional offers from UEA and Leicester and I am still waiting for Kent.
I rang Surrey yesterday after being rejected and they told me they could change the offer to conditional if I can take Maths GCSE. I studied GCSE’s out of school and I was unable to make the exam arrangements myself that year. When I enrolled at college, I had to take a Maths test to study there. I passed this, the college assured me they would organise lessons and make the exam arrangements. These promised lessons never materialised and I have been unable to take the GCSE. My other GCSE were all self taught in a year and A* with 1 A.

I only was told this yesterday by Surrey. The exam is in May so this doesn't give me long to learn the whole syllabus. Furthermore, the price for tuition and exam arrangements adds up to around £600.
I would have to risk putting my unconditional offer from UEA as my insurance and losing it because I have to wait for GCSE results day.

Any advise? Thanks
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending