Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi Guys,

Just thought I'd start a thread for people applying to Liverpool in 2016 for the Medicine with Foundation course, where we can encourage and support each other for the next coming weeks and months.

Wishing everyone the best of luck.

ReputationRep:
    Hi Grace,
    I also applied to the same course! How did you get on? Have you heard back from them yet?

ReputationRep:
    Hi I've been trying to send you a normal message but its being rejected

ReputationRep:
    Hi Janet2016

Yeah- I had an interview last week- just waiting to hear from them. What about you?

ReputationRep:
    Wondering if anyone else has had any feedback? Apparently, they haven't had many applications come through so far, so they could still be interviewing more candidates in the coming weeks.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't heard anything yet either. Fingers crossed we find out this week!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys- just been informed offers will be out today. Let's all pray we get in. Xxxx

ReputationRep:
    Offers are out- check your inbox everyone.
    Got an offer. woop woop. I can't believe it. I thank God.
    Best of luck guys.

ReputationRep:
    I got an offer too! I'm so excited!!

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I am applying for this course for 2017. Does it give you a place on the 5 year Medicine course at Liverpool and do you have to sit UKCAT to get onto the course? TYIA

ReputationRep:
    HiI am applying for this course for 2017. Does it give you a place on the 5 year Medicine course at Liverpool and do you have to sit UKCAT to get onto the course? TYIA

ReputationRep:
    Hello Michellem3,I am interested in applying for the course too, for 2017. I hope past students can help us answer your query posted, as I have similar concern too! Please, guys, help us with tips as you all were once in our shoes.And also, I was wondering whether you could help us with the books, and in particular, the Chemistry's one that's recommended for you to buy for the course. I want to do some reading and hope that I will be accepted when the time comes lol. There's something positive in me telling me that, I will be accepted on this course for 2017. So, we need to help each other here, so as "WE" the prospective students can go and do better and become whatever we want.Any tips guys??????

ReputationRep:
    In response to your queries:-
    michellem3- no ukcat required. To progress onto the 5yr course- you need to get a year mark of 70% overall.*

Mayama- GCSE, AS, A2 level biology & chemistry required knowledge. Not really a recommended textbook.*

I will strongly recommend a working background in healthcare- be it in a paid or voluntary role. You will be asked to draw on these experiences in interview. All the best in your 2017 application.*

ReputationRep:
    Hi Grance 11,
    Thx u for the tips! Highly appreciate it. I am worried now, as I only have 7 GCSEs & did level 3 access to Business & IT some years back. But I'm currently working in the NHS as a pharmacy assistant. My job allows me to go on all the Wards & see firsthand doctors patients interaction. Also, I help nurses to move beds around & chance the pharmacists for the patients drugs etc. Have a basic knowledge about the types of IVs & some drugs!!!
    So lovely Grace11, do u recon this help with my application process?

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for your reply. I have loads of experience so hoping I get an interview cos I can talk for ages about what I have done lol. Is the interview MMI or panel?

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    Im considering applying for the medicine with Foundation course for 2017 entry. I remember having a look at the course details on the website and it said that the course was aimed at mature applicants only. I'm 17 and will be turned 18 before going university next year. Can I still apply to the medicine with foundation course?

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    This course is aimed at mature students aged 21 and over who have been out of education for a while. Best advice I can give you is to contact the university of Liverpool and ask them what the entry requirements are for the medical school. You can also find this information on the medical school website. Best of luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mayama)
    Hi Grance 11,
    Thx u for the tips! Highly appreciate it. I am worried now, as I only have 7 GCSEs & did level 3 access to Business & IT some years back. But I'm currently working in the NHS as a pharmacy assistant. My job allows me to go on all the Wards & see firsthand doctors patients interaction. Also, I help nurses to move beds around & chance the pharmacists for the patients drugs etc. Have a basic knowledge about the types of IVs & some drugs!!!
    So lovely Grace11, do u recon this help with my application process?
    Hi,
    Yea sounds like you have good experience. I believe that would definitely help your application

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys Im hoping for an interview for entry in 2017. Could anyone tell me if its panel or MMI and what sort of questions they ask

ReputationRep:
    Does this course require a reference?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Articles:

University of Liverpool Guide

Featured accommodation profiles:

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Quick links:

Unanswered University of Liverpool ThreadsStalking pages becomes University Connect, connect to other Liverpool applicants now!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.