Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What are your favourite full albums? Watch

• TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    *******s by Motorhead has been on in my car all week, and it's one of their most under-rated albums; Don't Let Daddy Kiss Me and Lost In the Ozone are both utterly chilling.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by homeland.lsw)
    Did you know she was diagnosed with Lyme Disease last year...It's so sad...
    Yeah I know. :sad: she also performed with T Swift on the 1989 world tour and I died and went to heaven.

ReputationRep:
    Bruce Springsteen - Born in the USA
    REM - Automatic for the people
    Kodaline - In a perfect world
    Kodaline - Coming up for air

Born in the USA and automatic for the people are ones I used to listen to as a kid because my dad would have them on in the car sometimes, so there's a nostalgia element to them (a lot of music I like is stuff that was around when I was younger and reminds me of that time). Some of the songs on automatic for the people make me think of nighttime/evening for some reason.

The Kodaline ones I discovered last year. Some of the songs are fast, some slow. Some are upbeat and happy, and others aren't. Some of them make me think of summer. I just like their sound.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ethereal World)
    Speak now is actually considered a concept album as well did you know that? Oh swiftie :love:
    I did not, but it does make sense when I think about it. It's one of those albums I can listen to whatever mood I'm in, whereas with some music I really have to be in a particular mood to enjoy it.

ReputationRep:
    Favourite album of all time ever
    Gorillaz - Demon Days

ReputationRep:
    Speak now - Taylor Swift
    From Under the Cork Tree - F.O.B
    Vices and Virtues - P!ATD
    What's the Story, Morning Glory - Oasis
    Definitely Maybe - Oasis
    Fleetwood Mac - Rumours
    The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars - David Bowie
    Screaming for Vengeance - Judas Priest
    London Calling - The Clash

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zargabaath)
    Favourite album of all time ever
    Gorillaz - Demon Days
    OMG yes !!! Thank you for bringing this back into my life.

*Attempts to listen to Dare and stay still*. :innocent:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luke Kostanjsek)
    Speak now - Taylor Swift
    From Under the Cork Tree - F.O.B
    Vices and Virtues - P!ATD
    What's the Story, Morning Glory - Oasis
    Definitely Maybe - Oasis
    Fleetwood Mac - Rumours
    The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars - David Bowie
    Screaming for Vengeance - Judas Priest
    London Calling - The Clash
    I'm slightly jealous of not choosing from under the cork tree. Honestly it was so tough between that and infinity on high- I think I prefer the songs individually from cork tree but infinity on high as an album- the way the songs are ordered- it just works and I can listen to it effortlessly.

Also you prefer V&V to fever you can't sweat out? Fair enough but to me the latter is unreal. Lol.

ReputationRep:
    The Weeknd - Trilogy (more specifically House of Balloons)
    Lana Del Rey - Born to Die
    Bastille - All this Bad Blood
    and a classic for my 11 year old self:
    Taylor Swift - Fearless

ReputationRep:
    Dark Side of the Moon

Genesis: Nursery Cryme

Neil Young: Harvest

Magnet: The Wicker Man

Supertramp: Crisis What Crisis

:shakecane:

ReputationRep:
    A lot of my choices are rather typical, but oh well..

Elbow-most of them lol. But probably The Seldom Seen kid for all-round consistency.
    Pink Floyd-The Dark Side of the Moon, because obviously
    Metallica - Master of Puppets. Again loads of great Metallica albums, but this one is so consistent.
    Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin. Just brilliant..most of the songs may be stolen but the raw energy of the songs is so great
    Anberlin - Cities. This isn't too objective, just one I used to listen to a lot and still love many of the songs.
    The Killers - Sam's Town. Again, I don't think this is genius music or anything, but as a whole package I just really enjoy this one
    Can't think of many more whole albums that massively stand out to me, I tend to pick and choose..

ReputationRep:
    I'm slightly jealous of not choosing from under the cork tree. Honestly it was so tough between that and infinity on high- I think I prefer the songs individually from cork tree but infinity on high as an album- the way the songs are ordered- it just works and I can listen to it effortlessly.

Also you prefer V&V to fever you can't sweat out? Fair enough but to me the latter is unreal. Lol.
    I love Infinity on High but the first song I ever properly fell in love with was Sophomore Slump or Comeback of the Year, so I've gotta go the other way I'm afraid.

I think A Fever You Can't Sweat Out has better songs, but I discovered Vices and Virtues during my first serious relationship so I guess it resonates with me.

I'm more confused that you had Red on your list. I thought Speak Now and Fearless were both so much better.

ReputationRep:
    Metallica - Metallica
    Linkin Park - Hybrid Theory
    Green Day - American idiot
    Avenged Sevenfold - Avenged Sevenfold

ReputationRep:
    All-time fave is Sheer Heart Attack
    Queen

On account of the ground-breaking quality, variety (fave track: Tenement Funster - Roger Taylor vocals), and the way the songs merge, like a rock opera.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 13 1 20 8 42)
    A lot of my choices are rather typical, but oh well..

Elbow-most of them lol. But probably The Seldom Seen kid for all-round consistency.
    Pink Floyd-The Dark Side of the Moon, because obviously
    Metallica - Master of Puppets. Again loads of great Metallica albums, but this one is so consistent.
    Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin. Just brilliant..most of the songs may be stolen but the raw energy of the songs is so great
    Anberlin - Cities. This isn't too objective, just one I used to listen to a lot and still love many of the songs.
    The Killers - Sam's Town. Again, I don't think this is genius music or anything, but as a whole package I just really enjoy this one
    Can't think of many more whole albums that massively stand out to me, I tend to pick and choose..
    To be fair the only reason I didn't put DSotM in mine is because it's almost a given but it does have to be credited. Also love Sam's Town :yep:

Also the thread was taken down last night before I saw your reply about the virtues or lack thereof of Tumblr....but no hard feelings yah?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    Dark Side of the Moon

Genesis: Nursery Cryme

Neil Young: Harvest

Magnet: The Wicker Man

Supertramp: Crisis What Crisis

:shakecane:
    What crisis indeed? :tong:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nicatre)
    Metallica - Metallica
    Linkin Park - Hybrid Theory
    Green Day - American idiot
    Avenged Sevenfold - Avenged Sevenfold
    American Idiot FTW - Great concept album too. I feel like I should stop saying the words concept album :hide:

I'm just excited because music is life.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Welcome Squad
    1989- Taylor Swift
    Born This Way- Lady Gaga
    How Big, How Blue, How Beautiful- Florence & the Machine

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Definitely Maybe - Oasis
    WTSMG - Oasis
    MBDTF/LR - Kanye West
    Parklife - Blur
    2001 - Dr Dre
    The Blueprint - Jay Z
    GKMC - Kendrick Lamaar
    An Awesome Wave - Alt-J

There are a few more so good I listen to them all the way through but I can't remember at this point in time :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    What crisis indeed? :tong:
    this is nice:

http://www.music-bazaar.com/album-im...ents-cover.jpg

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.