The Student Room Group

What are your favourite full albums?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Changing Skies
1989- Taylor Swift
Born This Way- Lady Gaga
How Big, How Blue, How Beautiful- Florence & the Machine

Posted from TSR Mobile

Favourite Song from 1989? I think mine is Style and/or the acoustic version of out of the woods she does (pretty sure I've linked this twice already on TSR but I'm gonna do it again because no shame etc.):

[video="youtube;hHN0ca6lf1c"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHN0ca6lf1c[/video]
Original post by somemightsay888
Definitely Maybe - Oasis
WTSMG - Oasis
MBDTF/LR - Kanye West
Parklife - Blur
2001 - Dr Dre
The Blueprint - Jay Z
GKMC - Kendrick Lamaar
An Awesome Wave - Alt-J

There are a few more so good I listen to them all the way through but I can't remember at this point in time :sigh:

Totally with you on the Oasis front. What was your fave song?
Original post by Luke Kostanjsek
Totally with you on the Oasis front. What was your fave song?

Nice :cool:

Favourites would be Live Forever, I'm Outta Time, Talk Tonight and Acquiesce :smile:
Original post by Ethereal World
Favourite Song from 1989? I think mine is Style and/or the acoustic version of out of the woods she does (pretty sure I've linked this twice already on TSR but I'm gonna do it again because no shame etc.):

[video="youtube;hHN0ca6lf1c"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHN0ca6lf1c[/video]

I have way too many haha, so hard to pick one! I really like You Are In Love, Wildest Dreams, Out of the Woods, and I Know Places.

Yesss that version of Out of the Woods is wonderful :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NJA
All-time fave is Sheer Heart Attack
Queen

On account of the ground-breaking quality, variety (fave track: Tenement Funster - Roger Taylor vocals), and the way the songs merge, like a rock opera.

Love song merging :yep:

Definitely Maybe - Oasis
WTSMG - Oasis
MBDTF/LR - Kanye West
Parklife - Blur
2001 - Dr Dre
The Blueprint - Jay Z
GKMC - Kendrick Lamaar
An Awesome Wave - Alt-J

There are a few more so good I listen to them all the way through but I can't remember at this point in time :sigh:

Also can't believe I forgot College Dropout :hide: Ye fanz 4ever :five:

Yeah I don't do the hip/cool thing very well do I? :colondollar:
Nice :cool:

Favourites would be Live Forever, I'm Outta Time, Talk Tonight and Acquiesce :smile:

Acquiesce was a hidden gem tbf. I also loved Don't Look Back in Anger and, as cliche as it is, gotta mention Champagne Supernova.
Original post by Changing Skies
I have way too many haha, so hard to pick one! I really like You Are In Love, Wildest Dreams, Out of the Woods, and I Know Places.

Yesss that version of Out of the Woods is wonderful :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile

When Wildest Dreams first came out I basically perma-listened to it and imagined I was in a movie. Sometimes I despair at myself. The vid is strong though don't you think?
Meteora - Linkin Park
Hybrid Theory - Linkin Park
Marshal Mathers LP - Eminem
Our Version of Events - Emeli Sandé
American Idiot - Green Day (Probably my #1)
1 - The Beatles (close second)

There are quite a few more but that's my top 6.
Acquiesce was a hidden gem tbf. I also loved Don't Look Back in Anger and, as cliche as it is, gotta mention Champagne Supernova.

3 amazing songs. Champagne Supernova is epic
Original post by JBLondon
Meteora - Linkin Park
Hybrid Theory - Linkin Park
Marshal Mathers LP - Eminem
Our Version of Events - Emeli Sandé
American Idiot - Green Day (Probably my #1)
1 - The Beatles (close second)

There are quite a few more but that's my top 6.

I sort of fuse flashdance with MC hammers*t.
Reply 50
Illmatic
Dead can Dance- Aion
Bat for Lashes- Two Suns.
The Notorious BIG - Ready To Die and Life After Death
2Pac - All of the ones he released while alive
Eminem - Infinite, SSLP and MMLP
Dr Dre - 2001 and The Chronic
Snoop Dogg - Anything up to about 2010
Nas - Illmatic
Skepta - Microphone Champion, Blacklisted
Wiley - Thin Ice, Grime Wave

It's weird. I listen to a huge variety of genres but, apart ftom Varipus Artist compilation albums, some hip hop albums seem to be the only ones I don't skip anything on.
I sort of fuse flashdance with MC hammers*t.

I'd push the brother out of the room, bend them all over, do the drummer, the lead singer, and that one who plays violin.
Vessel - Twenty One Pilots
Badlands - Halsey
Channel Orange - Frank Ocean
AM - Arctic Monkeys (I know it's arguably not their best but it's linked to good memories)
Twenty One Pilots - Twenty One Pilots
Communion - Years & Years

Forgot one of my top 3 albums!! Pure Heroine by Lorde
(edited 8 years ago)
I'd push the brother out of the room, bend them all over, do the drummer, the lead singer, and that one who plays violin.

Who sang 'in the summertime'?
3 amazing songs. Champagne Supernova is epic

There're so many great Oasis songs tbf, it doesn't seem right limiting yourself. The moment I posted the comment I'm just like 'but what about Supersonic?! Live forever?! Stop Crying Your Heart Out?!' :facepalm:
There're so many great Oasis songs tbf, it doesn't seem right limiting yourself. The moment I posted the comment I'm just like 'but what about Supersonic?! Live forever?! Stop Crying Your Heart Out?!' :facepalm:

Yeah, to be honest there are very few Oasis songs I don't love. You sir have impeccable taste.

Yeah, to be honest there are very few Oasis songs I don't love. You sir have impeccable taste.

I've seen them live. Strong from them. :yep:
Who sang 'in the summertime'?

Have you heard Michael Jackson’s new song he’s doing? He’s teamed up with West Ham football team, apparently. Yeah. Doing ‘I’m Forever Blowing Bubbles.’

She doesn't know about football.

Quick Reply

Latest