Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Im freaking out because I just realisedmy calculator was in a mode where in which it gave wronganswers so I think I may have messed up the previous maths and physics papers. I mean thank god I spotted it before 1 but I cant believe I may have messed up my grades for maths and physics and everything. I'm panicking

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pavinder100)
    Attachment 549025How do you work out Var(R) without having to do the whole E(R^2)-((E(R))^2 ?
    For 5b_ you should have got R = 10Q + 4
    Now, when we need to change the E(Q) to E(R) we use the same formula:

E(Q) = 3
    Therefore, E(R) = 10(3) + 4 = 34

Var(Q) = 2
    Therefore, Var(R) = (10*10)(2) = 200

Is this right? Weird answers...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsamor)
    Im freaking out because I just realisedmy calculator was in a mode where in which it gave wronganswers so I think I may have messed up the previous maths and physics papers. I mean thank god I spotted it before 1 but I cant believe I may have messed up my grades for maths and physics and everything. I'm panicking
    thanks for bring down grade boundaries, your'e doing gods work

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Exavior)
    What did you all think of the 2015 June paper. If the papernis like this I will ne happy, none of those histograms in it! It was great apart from the end question mixing probability questions with mormal distribution!
    I found June 2015 quite tricky to finish under and hour and a half

ReputationRep:
    Yes it was correct, why do you have to do 10*10 for variance?

ReputationRep:
    Why is this question such a mindf***?...
    Took me ages to figure it out, so much time would have been wasted in real exam conditions though

S1 (IAL) Jan 2014 Q5
    Click to enlarge...

Name:  S1 (IAL) Jan 2014 Q5.png
Views: 147
Size:  15.0 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KloppOClock)
    thanks for bring down grade boundaries, your'e doing gods work
    That's funny

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by target21859)
    Here you go:
    Grade boundaires are quite low for this paper. 72 for full ums 58 for an A. Does a hard paper in January mean an easy paper in June?
    CHRIST ALMIGHTY, what a BEAST of a statistics paper, sneaky bit of quadratic formula hidden in there. But anyway thanks for posting it, was a laf

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Exavior)
    CHRIST ALMIGHTY, what a BEAST of a statistics paper, sneaky bit of quadratic formula hidden in there. But anyway thanks for posting it, was a laf
    Yeah I thought it was a beast of a paper as well. If you need any other 2016 papers I have access to them so just ask.

ReputationRep:
    Ok so I really need help with conditional probabilities.
    With this question in particular...
    Name:  S1 (IAL) Jan 2014 Q7.png
Views: 109
Size:  16.1 KB

I know that with part (a) that the...
    P(M|L)

=P(MnL)
    P(L)

But I don't know why the P(MnL) isn't just P(M)P(L) e.g. 3/5 x 3/10

How do I work out the intersection? Not just for this question but for all these types of questions?

ReputationRep:
    ^Someone please explain to me these types of questions in the above post
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Yeah I thought it was a beast of a paper as well. If you need any other 2016 papers I have access to them so just ask.
    Beast of a paper as in easy or hard? I found it alright - 72/75 made an error on the box plot question. I used 0.75 and not 0.5.

Could you pm the 2016 s2 paper please? s4/c4 as well if you have them
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    any idea of the grade boundaries for 90+ UMS?

ReputationRep:
    Ohhh that sound good, I didnt know there were any more 2016 papers so if you could post some more that would be great for some last minuet revision tomorrow! Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tazza ma razza)
    Beast of a paper as in easy or hard? I found it alright - 72/75 made an error on the box plot question. I used 0.75 and not 0.5.

Could you pm the 2016 s2 paper please? s4/c4 as well if you have them
    Beast as in hard. However I got 67/75 so if it similar or easier (I cant see it being any harder) then I will be alright. 😀 Looking forward for my last exam!

(I am sorry I dont have any 2016 papers, I got it of a post before me)

ReputationRep:
    can't wait to get this exam over and done with

ReputationRep:
    If you can do the jan 2016 paper, then you should be feelin pretty ****in confident about this exam

ReputationRep:
    If you can do the jan 2016 paper, then you should be feelin pretty ****in confident about this exam
    where's the jan 16 paper?

ReputationRep:
    Are you taking this exam and if you are are you feeling confident! 😄

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sgill23)
    where's the jan 16 paper?
    Page 14

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.