Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sgill23)
    where's the jan 16 paper?
    check the last page

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Exavior)
    Are you taking this exam and if you are are you feeling confident! 😄
    yh i am, ive just accepted the fact that ill probably have to resit it next year lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Exavior)
    Page 14
    thanks, what are the grade boundaries for it? or like an approximation of boundaries?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sgill23)
    thanks, what are the grade boundaries for it? or like an approximation of boundaries?
    also on the previous page :P

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how you accurately determine the probability and Z values, like how do you get "in between" Z-values e.g. 1.578 instead 1.57 or 1.58?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone have the jan 2016 ial paper?

ReputationRep:
    I would like to know why the answer for 2f is 0.09375 instead of 0.140625.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willandy123)
    I would like to know why the answer for 2f is 0.09375 instead of 0.140625.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    So for the student achieving a pass but not the merit we multiply by 1/2, not 3/4, because if we use 3/4 then the chance of that student achieving a merit still exists.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elzar)
    So for the student achieving a pass but not the merit we multiply by 1/2, not 3/4, because if we use 3/4 then the chance of that student achieving a merit still exists.
    Omg thank you so much, dayum didnt even realise that.

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone plz clear this out
    When for linear interpolation to find median do we have to take the lower boundry and upper boundry for the group?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SANTR)
    Does anyone know how you accurately determine the probability and Z values, like how do you get "in between" Z-values e.g. 1.578 instead 1.57 or 1.58?
    Use interpolation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willandy123)
    Omg thank you so much, dayum didnt even realise that.
    Your welcome

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elzar)
    Why is it a half and not a quarter ? Sorry thisquestion annoyed me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsamor)
    Why is it a half and not a quarter ? Sorry thisquestion annoyed me
    How do you get to P(pass but not merit) = 1/4?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, if two events are independent, the product of the events would be equal to its intercept right?
    Also, if two events are mutually exclusive, their intercept would equal 0 right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amelienine)
    Hi, if two events are independent, the product of the events would be equal to its intercept right?
    Also, if two events are mutually exclusive, their intercept would equal 0 right?
    Yup.

Independent: P(A N B)=P(A) x P(B)
    P(A|B)=P(A)

If mutually exclusive: P(A N B)= 0

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know what should have been done on part g?
    Spoiler:
    Show

7. The score S when a spinner is spun has the following probability distribution. s 0 1 2 4 5 P(S = s) 0.2 0.2 0.1 0.3 0. spinner is spun twice.
    score from the first spin isS1 and the score from the second spin is S2.
    random variablesS1 and S2 are independent and the random variable X = S1 × S2. Show that P({S1 =1}∩X<5)=0.16. Find P(X<5).

ReputationRep:
    In June 2015 1(d) I am getting Q1 as 62! I don't know whats wrong! how do you get 9/15? My working is : 60+(21-15/21-6)*5. How it is possible to get 9 if u subtract 21-15??

ReputationRep:
    Hey Guys! Quick question! When writing the class width for any continuous data, do I always use the class boundaries when calculating the width???? For example, in question 5 in the JUNE 2014 R paper, the class width of the boundary 2-4 minutes is 3, but I put it as 2 :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pranto96)
    In June 2015 1(d) I am getting Q1 as 62! I don't know whats wrong! how do you get 9/15? My working is : 60+(21-15/21-6)*5. How it is possible to get 9 if u subtract 21-15??
    this is the problem trying to use formulae mechanically. LQ is the clearly the 15th term. If there are 6 terms in the 55- 60 class interval we must need 9 more in the interval 60-65. There are 15 terms altogether in this interval so we want 9/15 along the interval which is at 63

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.