Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    That was a difficult paper but I did the gold S1 papers yesterday and some questions were similar so I have that going for me which is nice

ReputationRep:
    I wish i did Edexcel.. instead of the most f**king obscure and irrelevant exam board ever; WJEC........

ReputationRep:
    For the S(1/X) one did you replace 1/x for all them? Like 1/0.15 and 1/0.175? Or do you replace by the top numbers

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zandneger)
    a) 0
    b) t=0.03
    c) u=0.22
    d) 0.45 and 15/37
    e) 33 customers ordered dinner
    Disagree with d i) \frac{0.42}{0.97} = 0.43299 (\frac{P(D\cap (B\cap R))}{P(B\cap R)} )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The-Deadly)
    For the S(1/X) one did you replace 1/x for all them? Like 1/0.15 and 1/0.175? Or do you replace by the top numbers

Posted from TSR Mobile
    the top ones
    even if you didnt know that they would be the same 1/0.175=5.71... and probability can not be more than one

ReputationRep:
    I think it will be 59 or 57 for an A. I think the JUNE 2013 R was so much easier than this ****

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    1) pmcc =0.994, w=5.69
    2) E(R)= .45
    3) pmcc= -0.753
    4) t=0.03, u=.22, 0.45 and 0.405 something, the dinner bit i got 68 but im not really sure cus its kinda weird they give you 40 and 37 and you dont use it ..
    5) its not symmetrical hence you dont use normal, mean stays the same and SD decreases
    6) 206, 0.36

This is a weird paper, what did you guys get for rebeca and sarah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexesl17)
    they all seem pretty correct, the only difference to me was that i said the guy with the normal distribution for the babies was fine to use that equation since the mean and median of the data were pretty close indicating a symmetrical distribution
    Exactly the sane for me also

ReputationRep:
    Some tricky questions but yeah I don't think anything overly challengjng. I might've messed up on some standard arithmetic with the Sarah Rebecca one 😒. What did you guys put down for the standard deviation and mean question? I said no effect in both cases?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DirkGroovy)
    I wish i did Edexcel.. instead of the most f**king obscure and irrelevant exam board ever; WJEC........
    What was the WJEC S1 exam like?

ReputationRep:
    By far the hardest paper for me, and im a resit...;/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ICantFindMyName)
    It was easy alright...

But you have to agree it was the hardest s1 paper you have ever seen. You would be ignorant to think otherwise.
    Look, mate. Some people found it quite difficult so don't you ****ing dare say it was easy. I mean who do you think you are!? Pathetic.

ReputationRep:
    I got 5/6 for Question 4 di) WTF?????? And 25 people for e) I guessed. Had no idea what to do!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The-Deadly)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Top numbers, just like when doing E(X^2)

ReputationRep:
    Sarah=0.65 Rebbeca=0.2
    Did anyone get this?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    1. 9.44 , y= 0.722 + 0.0142x (Not with y and x , but w/e they gave you) , 5.692 ,
    2 or 3. 0.15 , 0.175 , 0.65, -0.754?
    4. 0.03 (Probability of D but nothing else?), 0.22 (Just Room no dinner/breakfast), 0.45 (The p(D | B overlap R)), 0.405 (p(D | B overlap R' )), 33 (No of Dinners? or w/e it was)
    5. 17cm (height) , 3.39 (Median) , 3.43 (mean), 0.68 (Standard Deviation), 0.2546 (The probability).
    6. 0.0668 (Probability of W > 240??) , 206.33m (Minimum distance Nathaniel had to run to be in top 20%) , 0.82 , 0.36 (The P ( z < mu - 40 | z< mu)) or w/e it was

Theres my answers, See if you got any the same

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Florent venhari)
    I got 5/6 for Question 4 di) WTF?????? And 25 people for e) I guessed. Had no idea what to do!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What kind of venn diagram was that?!!?!?!?!
    Worst question on the paper for me, had no idea how to work out t

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I got 5/6 aswell

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    expected =probability x number

you times the probabilities you got in the previous ones by the numbers they gave you and add them.

its the same thing as E(x)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FakeDumbledore)
    Look, mate. Some people found it quite difficult so don't you ****ing dare say it was easy. I mean who do you think you are!? Pathetic.
    Chill, he's entitled to find it easy. Don't be salty because you found it difficult

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.