The Student Room Group

Edexcel S1 - 15th June, 2016 [Exam Discussion]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1220
Unofficial markscheme??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1221
Original post by Mariamjaan
How did u find, y and y2 because we need these to find syy. I want know if any got it

dont have the values with me. i know how to find sxy and pmrc. Just wanted to check what u got for it.
Original post by Fmathslad
you are most likely an a2 resit, and you're not taking into consideration that the people who use student room are normal a/b grade students and you all forget about the countless numbers of people who will fail this and as there were no easy marks ( box plots) (draw venn diagram) in which people will pick all their marks up on. meaning boundaries will be significantly lower than last years by 2 marks give or take you found it easy because you're either retaking and have had 2 years of stats or you are naturally good at maths and will therefor be park of the a* boundary in which will not affect the other boundaries. so don't be so patronising for the other students by saying that the boundaries will be 64 for an A or definitely won't be sub 60 for an A.

changed it to 58 since I saw the percentage of people who found it hard. Personally, I thought it wasn't too bad, not easy. Think i lose like max 13 marks myself because of the stupid mistakes and theory questions.
Yes i am re-sitting but I flopped it last year and only did S1 for a week before the exam, also a lot of Y12 kids I know said it wasn't hard. Maybe because they're from a grammar school. So i based it off that before. Regardless it was my personal incorrect prediction. Dont get so worked up
Can anyonw walk me thru how they got their answer for Rach and Sarahs q
Original post by Avocado2002
Rep if you want me to make an unofficial mark scheme thread :smile:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4166653

already sort of there
Original post by ShatnersBassoon
Go back to June 2010 and it was 69/75 for 100 UMS (in Jan 03, it was just 63! but the course is a bit different over a decade later).

So it can go a fair bit lower than 73/75 but you're assuming this year's paper was tougher. Personally, I would agree, but I wouldn't expect it to be below 71.

No way!

Definitely 75 for 100ums! Or in the very extreme circumstance it may possibly be 74.

No way in hell will it be as low as 71- sorry to break the truth....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by khaleesi98
Yeah that's what I tried to do, spent so much time on it but didn't get to the answer 😅 does anyone know how we were meant to work it out for 1 mark?

Sd squared times 8.
Reply 1227
Just a quick question guys, I do As maths and fm, if I did badly in s1 and good in m1 would s1 be moved to fm and m1 be moved to maths?
Original post by studentsixth
same

same
Reply 1229
Anyone know what they got for Sxy and pmrc in Q3?
Please write down your answers if u know them.
Original post by Ae1in
Ugh I answered the Sarah and Rebecca probability question a really long way around. Multiplimg all the possible options, if I'm incorrect do you think I could lose all 4 marks.
Prob Sarah wins :0.445 and Rebecca 0.46.... Something a,ing those lines.

got this as well
Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah
Original post by JAFF2400
anyone found unofficial mark scheme yet?

Original post by T17MA
Unofficial markscheme??

Posted from TSR Mobile

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4166653

I've got one up, but I'm not sure how accurate it is. Arsey isn't allowed to make them any more so we can't expect any from him :frown:
Original post by target21859
Sd squared times 8.

omg, i did it the long way, but got the answer... thank god!:angry:
Original post by Mia66
Just a quick question guys, I do As maths and fm, if I did badly in s1 and good in m1 would s1 be moved to fm and m1 be moved to maths?

Yes x
Made manyyyy stupid mistakes

Laughed my ass off at calculating the wiggles a bee does. :rofl:

Anyways, where's the unofficial mark scheme at lads? :smile:
I was so ready to draw a boxplot with them outliers u knoe.. i proper taught myself all them skew methods too😠😠 edexcel will pay for this
Just out of interest, did anyone get 0 for any question in the UK S1?
Does any one know how many marks the questions were out of?
In particular the Sarah and Rachel one
Reply 1239
does anybody know the marks for each question?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending