Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by speedbird01)
    Bit cocky....
    Story of my life

ReputationRep:
    For the 'Is her decision to use normal distribution correct' do you think they will accept both side if theyre well justified

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Kawaii289;65802727]
    (Original post by zhzstudent)

i got E(R) = 0.45
    I think I got this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladbants)
    Lol what did you get fam
    I dont know ennit famalam are you a bludclart

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by googleit)
    The mean DECREASED guys, not stayed the same, we're dealing with classes here. The value of 3.43 will add one to the frequency of the 3-3.5 class. The way we work out the estimate is to multiply the midpoint of the class by the frequency. Hence, since the midpoint of this class is 3.25, which is lower than the mean, the mean decreases.
    You could have also done the actual calculation to check, the mean decreased

EDIT: I'll explain this better. The mean before the added values was 3.43. Now there's an added value of 3.43. This adds one to the frequency of 3-3.5 class. In working out the value of the mean, you have to multiply mid point by frequency. Hence, you don't actually deal with 3.43 but rather 3.25, the mid point of the class. Since this value is less than 3.43 the mean decreases.
    Try the calculation out for yourself and please amend the unofficial mark schemes.
    But the mean is equal to the figure so it stays the same, it is just two marks, don't make it complicated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whizbox)
    Story of my life
    What ****?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by speedbird01)
    Bit cocky....
    Assuming C3-4 90UMS is not cocky. Assuming anything in a level isn't cocky.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JAFF2400)
    Hey guys I would really appreciate it if you shared my new S1 parody with your friends! Trust me you will laugh.
    lol that is hilarious lol but i should be crying instead though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsmaths)
    Assuming C3-4 90UMS is not cocky. Assuming anything in a level isn't cocky.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Urm i think it is cocky you ****

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jescuh)
    Nah bruh, last year's paper was harder personally
    I agree
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by hbaig27)
    For the 'Is her decision to use normal distribution correct' do you think they will accept both side if theyre well justified
    I haven't seen the question, but my impression would be that it's either justified or not rather than being able to argue from both sides.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladbants)
    Lol what did you get fam
    Lost 10 marks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trapz99)
    Lost 10 marks

Well you're ****ed for uni you ****

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeanFM)
    I haven't seen the question, but my impression would be that it's either justified or not rather than being able to argue from both sides.
    The mean was 3.73 and the median was 3.43, some people are saying that the fact that there is a difference means that the data is skewed but others are saying that its such a slight skew that it can be seen as symmetrical

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JZ24097)
    But the mean is equal to the figure so it stays the same, it is just two marks, don't make it complicated
    They're right, you have to use the midpoint of the class so the mean will decrease.

ReputationRep:
    What was Q 3a? I can't remember the context of it? Could anyone remind me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JZ24097)
    Does the standard deviation stay the same? Or change as well?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by veldt127)
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4166653

I've got one up, but I'm not sure how accurate it is. Arsey isn't allowed to make them any more so we can't expect any from him
    why cant he make them!!??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by logicmaryam)
    changed it to 58 since I saw the percentage of people who found it hard. Personally, I thought it wasn't too bad, not easy. Think i lose like max 13 marks myself because of the stupid mistakes and theory questions.
    Yes i am re-sitting but I flopped it last year and only did S1 for a week before the exam, also a lot of Y12 kids I know said it wasn't hard. Maybe because they're from a grammar school. So i based it off that before. Regardless it was my personal incorrect prediction. Dont get so worked up
    no worries, it will most likely be 58 for an A due to the fact that there were a lot of sneaky 1/2 markers that would have caught people off, a few people from my further maths class retook this module and admitted to not doing one or two of the one markers because they were so unambiguous, good luck anyway
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by hbaig27)
    The mean was 3.73 and the median was 3.43, some people are saying that the fact that there is a difference means that the data is skewed but others are saying that its such a slight skew that it can be seen as symmetrical
    Oh, I can see why it'd be debatable then

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.