Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by don't cry-craft)
    Does the standard deviation stay the same? Or change as well?
    Standard deviation decreases

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bobbutitii)
    Well you're ****ed for uni you ****
    Yeah but hopefully I'll get predicted an A* for economics so that will help.

ReputationRep:
    yo

what were the mean and standard deviation in the normal distribution in question 6??
    i dont remember.

ReputationRep:
    Would you lose marks for rounding to 2dp? I really don't know why I did it. I've always given them to 3sf in the past. It was just that in the question they gave you info to 3sf so I did one less. I did show the full answer before though ie -0.752281...=-0.75(2dp). That's a made up value btw.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LivKennedy)
    yes I got that!
    I got 17 for the height

ReputationRep:
    For the number of diners, did anyone get 16 or 17?

ReputationRep:
    Does the product moment correlation increase after the addition of the rainfall and sunshine? I forgot what question it was.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, getting confused with question 5 where we were supposed to calculate width and height of the histogram bar, made the mistake of thinking the class width was 1.5 as for some reason thought that the class we were looking at was 3<w<4.5? What was the actual class? Does anyone remember how many marks the width + height question were?

Also, does anyone remember the values required to calculate the very final part to 6, trying to remember what I did

Hope that it went well for those of you who gave it a good effort!

ReputationRep:
    guys does anybody know the exact values from the table in the question about finding E(R)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J0sh1)
    Hi, getting confused with question 5 where we were supposed to calculate width and height of the histogram bar, made the mistake of thinking the class width was 1.5 as for some reason thought that the class we were looking at was 3<w<4.5? What was the actual class? Does anyone remember how many marks the width + height question were?

Also, does anyone remember the values required to calculate the very final part to 6, trying to remember what I did

Hope that it went well for those of you who gave it a good effort!
    The histogram question was 3 marks , and for last question part c you had divide the value they gave you by 0.5, which i think was 0.82 /0.5

ReputationRep:
    what do you guys think you got?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dayzh)
    guys does anybody know the exact values from the table in the question about finding E(R)?
    it went
    -2 -1 1/2 3/2 2
    p q 0.2 0.3 q
    Not 100%

ReputationRep:
    If you put the new value, 3.43, into the table and work out a new mean, the longer way, the mean would decrease. However a better way would be to combine means, which would keep it the same.

I would imagine Edexcel would allow either as you can reason it either way, but this way makes more sense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by target21859)
    Would you lose marks for rounding to 2dp? I really don't know why I did it. I've always given them to 3sf in the past. It was just that in the question they gave you info to 3sf so I did one less. I did show the full answer before though ie -0.752281...=-0.75(2dp). That's a made up value btw.
    Don't think you'll get any marks if you just made up a value

ReputationRep:
    Anyone done a markscheme with marks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zacken)
    No, you're just dumb...
    We'll sea...

ReputationRep:
    can anyone display the marks for each question? please and thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by olyatrunova)
    For the number of diners, did anyone get 16 or 17?
    I got 16.35 lol so rounded it to 17 ,,i dont know if that was even right man

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bobbutitii)
    Don't think you'll get any marks if you just made up a value
    Your trolling is getting a little bit boring or should I say is.

ReputationRep:
    What do you guys think a B will be?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.