Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by george1999)
    Is there an unofficial mark scheme, with the marks allocated for each question anywhere?
    yes, no, maybe... you decide

ReputationRep:
    Need help! please for question 6b was the mean - 240 and the S.D - 40???? if it was will a answer of 206.4 give me the 3 marks.

ReputationRep:
    For the Venn Diagram question about the number of people out of 77, I found the P(D|B) and also found P(D|B') which both gave 0.45. I then multiplied them by 37 and 40 and added the numbers together. I got 34. Is this correct or was I just coincidentally close?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pyslocke)
    For the Venn Diagram question about the number of people out of 77, I found the P(D|B) and also found P(D|B' which both gave 0.45. I then multiplied them by 37 and 40 and added the numbers together. I got 34. Is this correct or was I just coincidentally close?
    I used my answers from the previous q. So I think it was P(D|RnB) and P(D|RnB')? Can't really remember. But you might get some credit for what you put.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by haes)
    so if i am unsure of a question i can potentially answer it more than once as long as i don't cross out?
    Yes, sorry only just seen this, but useful for if you're doing D1 tomorrow. Basically -say you can't remember which algorithm is Krushkals or Prim's, do both then you'll still get the mark. Just don't contradict yourself with the writing questions.

For the 2nd regression question I stated that the effect on the PMCC was that it would decrease therefore a stronger negative correlation as Syy increases but Sxx decreases

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Person18)
    Yes, sorry only just seen this, but useful for if you're doing D1 tomorrow. Basically -say you can't remember which algorithm is Krushkals or Prim's, do both then you'll still get the mark. Just don't contradict yourself with the writing questions.
    How do you get the time for that,
    D1 is such a time stretch for me

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Themathgeek)
    How do you get the time for that,
    D1 is such a time stretch for me

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haha I don't know, depends on the paper. I hope we don't have to draw a gantt or scheduling diagram! At least you'll know for next year.

Good luck tommorrow

ReputationRep:
    Roughly how many marks for an E from C1, C2 and S1?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by adelemaexo)
    Roughly how many marks for an E from C1, C2 and S1?
    Use last year's grade boundaries if you're not too fussed about accuracy. Or better yet, just focus on your next exams/enjoying your summer.

ReputationRep:
    that moment when you realised you have 5 minutes left in the exam to do the whole normal distribution question. Got it done though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Person18)
    Haha I don't know, depends on the paper. I hope we don't have to draw a gantt or scheduling diagram! At least you'll know for next year.

Good luck tommorrow
    know what for next year?Scared I will run out of time :/ And I got M2 straight before Good luck to you too!

ReputationRep:
    anyone have worked solutions with marks allocated to them?

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone remember what 3a was??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by partypenguin)
    It was writing down the probability that people book breakfast but not a room, the answer of course was 0

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leestitt)
    It was writing down the probability that people book breakfast but not a room, the answer of course was 0
    Oh I thought that was 4a. The one I'm on about was 2.35 according to the unofficial markscheme and worth 3 marks?

ReputationRep:
    Oh I thought that was 4a. The one I'm on about was 2.35 according to the unofficial markscheme and worth 3 marks?
    Oh i apologise, i remember now, the answer wasnt 2.35 for part a, that was for another part. Part a was to find the height and width of a bar for a histogram for three marks , one mark for width and two for height.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leestitt)
    Oh i apologise, i remember now, the answer wasnt 2.35 for part a, that was for another part. Part a was to find the height and width of a bar for a histogram for three marks , one mark for width and two for height.
    OK thanks

ReputationRep:
    Calculating the standard deviation of x. That was definitely part a because the height and width question was Q5 not 3. I'm in the same boat as you though, I went through that question so fast that I couldn't even remember what it was until literally just this morning!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anna096)
    Yes thank you for explaining that! How many marks was this?
    2 marks

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 22, 2016
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.