Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 228
Size:  502.1 KB

Attachment 548891548893548900

Could someone please double check if my methods for a and b are completely correct I seem to have included one more line in my quick sort than the MS shows. It's the June 2013R paper

NotNotBatman SeanFM
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    was doing question 7(e) on the jan 2013 paper for D1 Edexcel and I just wanted to know if my solution (attached) is correct as its different to the mark scheme. I did my Gantt chart in order of earliest start times but I don't know if you organise it in terms of float, most critical activities or if there is no order at all and you simply just have to add the activities with their respective floats in any order.

Please help
    Sorry for the crap drawing, the floats are shown by a black fill section.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xx_lofsuburbia)
    Thanks for this. Considering linear programming is one of the topics I feel less confident about, I need to practise it as much as possible. Thankfully I have extended study leave.

Is anyone sitting M2 as well as D1 on Friday?
    I'm sitting m2 and d1 on Friday

ReputationRep:
    Please could anyone explain question 11, is there a formula for the number of comparisons and swaps made, I always lose count when doing it in my head! Thanks Name:  image.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  487.1 KB
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by SB0073)

Could someone please double check if my methods for a and b are completely correct I seem to have included one more line in my quick sort than the MS shows. It's the June 2013R paper

NotNotBatman SeanFM
    Yes, that's fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Datta10)
    I'm sitting m2 and d1 on Friday
    I'm so hyped!!
    Jk, I just hope we sit D1 first because D1 is first on the timetable and I'm used to doing it first when I do one past paper after the other. There are some year 13s sitting it, so hopefully...

ReputationRep:
    can someone please send me the d1 2015 paper/answer booklet/ mark scheme..?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by theoriginalrpr)
    can someone please send me the d1 2015 paper/answer booklet/ mark scheme..?
    It's on the Edexcel website.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NotNotBatman)
    It's on the Edexcel website.
    could you possibly send me a link? thank you
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by theoriginalrpr)
    could you possibly send me a link? thank you
    Question Paper

Mark Scheme

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SB0073)

NotNotBatman SeanFM
    When you get to the penultimate line, each letter has either has been used as a pivot or is in a list of length 1, so you've finished.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kennz)
    was doing question 7(e) on the jan 2013 paper for D1 Edexcel and I just wanted to know if my solution (attached) is correct as its different to the mark scheme. I did my Gantt chart in order of earliest start times but I don't know if you organise it in terms of float, most critical activities or if there is no order at all and you simply just have to add the activities with their respective floats in any order.

Please help
    Sorry for the crap drawing, the floats are shown by a black fill section.
    It doesn't matter which order you put the activities in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by device)
    Hi, need your help on this question, I don't understand matchings Any help, appreciated.

Attachment 548843
    Could you post another photo of the question? I can only see half of it for some reason

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Name:  Screen Shot 2016-06-15 at 08.14.58.png
Views: 126
Size:  163.8 KB

Hi,

Could anyone please help me with this question? I understand that the sum of the degrees = 2 x the number of edges. But I do not understand part ii)

Thank you

(JUNE 15 D1 Q5)

ReputationRep:
    Is there an easy way to work out how many times a vertex appears in the inspection route?
    I always write the route out and count but it takes me forever with the more complex ones

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yes, that's fine.
    So to find the shortest time to complete the project, you use your cascade chart to look vertically at where the activities are concentrated the most?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Pablo Picasso)
    So to find the shortest time to complete the project, you use your cascade chart to look vertically at where the activities are concentrated the most?
    Yes, that's how I usually do it.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, that's how I usually do it.
    Thanks
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Saywhatyoumean)
    Is there an easy way to work out how many times a vertex appears in the inspection route?
    I always write the route out and count but it takes me forever with the more complex ones

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Valency divided by 2, unless it's the start vertex, then it's valency divided by 2 then add 1. It's because for every two arcs incident to a vertex you go 'in' and 'out' when you go 'in' the node is in the inspection route, but when you go 'out' you're choosing another node, if that makes sense.

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone help me with question 8 b on the june 2014 D1 paper?? I have no idea what to do haha

https://d0247e65b1a6ead8e6286cd43803...%20Edexcel.pdf

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.