Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gekkelekkebekke)
    just off the top of my head:

Valency: number of arcs connected to a node?

3 differences:

Prim's can be used on a matrix, Kruskal's can't.
    Prim's needs a starting vertex whilst Kruskal's starts with the lowest arc.
    Prim's grows in a connected fashion, connecting arcs to previously used nodes, whilst Kruskal does not.

would that do you think?

thanks for the reply btw
    All correct. Could you answer my question above your post.

ReputationRep:
    yes and it means that any EXACT intersection with that line can't be a possible solution (as it cannot equal y = 5).
    Thanks (:
    y<5 = shade above the line?
    y>5 = shade below

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pablo Picasso)
    Thanks (:
    y<5 = shade above the line?
    y>5 = shade below
    exactly, if you're ever unsure, look at the graph and pluck in coordinates you can see on the graph and see if it satisfies the inequality or not. You know that you need to shade the area where it doesn't satisfy.

ReputationRep:
    Is there a fast way to complete scheduling diagrams without a cascade chart? I first work out floats and just do it by trial and error which takes time..

ReputationRep:
    exactly, if you're ever unsure, look at the graph and pluck in coordinates you can see on the graph and see if it satisfies the inequality or not. You know that you need to shade the area where it doesn't satisfy.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    The project is to be completed in the minimum time using as few workers as possible. (f) Schedule the activities using Grid 1 in the answer book.

Whats the diff between this and cascade? Do you have to draw float for this one?

ReputationRep:
    The project is to be completed in the minimum time using as few workers as possible. (f) Schedule the activities using Grid 1 in the answer book.

Whats the diff between this and cascade? Do you have to draw float for this one?
    cascade chart is where you first draw in the critical activities all on one line, then you show the float for every activity and therefore show them with a separate space. hard to explain but they can then ask for you to schedule it, where you have to try and fit all of the activities with as little workers but sometimes they ask you to do that without first drawing a cascade chart which takes time as it's usually 4 marks
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    who else has barely done any revision for D1?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CutieTootsie)
    who else has barely done any revision for D1?
    Mee but content is that bad if you do some PPs and go through the MS

ReputationRep:
    In quick sort, once you've locked a pivot into place can you use a downwards arrow until the end of the sort instead of writing again on each line?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Quick sort: do you need to do a pivot even tho a certain section is clearly sorted?
    No, that's why it's bracketed in the mark schemes, but I prefer to show it; it doesn't take a lot of time.

ReputationRep:
    Are maximum flows part of the old spec for D1?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moonlight123)
    Are maximum flows part of the old spec for D1?
    Yeah, it's now in D2.

ReputationRep:
    While drawing activity networks, do we start drawing from 0 or 1 as the textbook shows zero but some mark schemes are showing 1 ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Datta10)
    While drawing activity networks, do we start drawing from 0 or 1 as the textbook shows zero but some mark schemes are showing 1 ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Doesn't matter

ReputationRep:
    I got the correct answer to this question but I thought they were asked for the coordinates of P and not the the minimum cost. Could someone explain please?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by target21859)
    I got the correct answer to this question but I thought they were asked for the coordinates of P and not the the minimum cost. Could someone explain please?
    They don't usually state it but you always have to put it back into the equation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4nonymous)
    They don't usually state it but you always have to put it back into the equation
    Ah ok thanks for clearing that up. I just need to do more D1 papers to get the hang of the type of questions. I'm doing well atm but I thought I had nothing left to improve in S1 and I messed up that exam

ReputationRep:
    Ah ok thanks for clearing that up. I just need to do more D1 papers to get the hang of the type of questions. I'm doing well atm but I thought I had nothing left to improve in S1 and I messed up that exam
    Forget about S1. It is possible to do crap in one unit and do amazing in another unit to balance out your grade. You still have a little bit of time to practice even more, go in with the confidence that you know the knowledge. I always think they can't go too far of the specification and if they do you have to use common sense or think back to the basics of the topic.

You will do great as long as you know your stuff. I always suggest trying to finish 20-30 mins early to check over your work and make sure you said things like 'sort complete'. Make sure you state what your doing, marks are still given for simple explanations e.g. state why you choose to focus on arcs excluding 'K' and checking floats on cascade charts/checking you have scheduled activities according to what they rely on.

Trust me speaking positivity can completely turn a situation around, hope your last bits of revision go well.

ReputationRep:
    same here mate, let''s hope they're not gonna be ***** on friday

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.