Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Midgeymoo17)
    Not when my teacher started teaching it on Monday and spent less than 3hrs on it. But under normal conditions yes.
    What a joker

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pablo Picasso)
    What a joker
    It is not a joke. I suggest you read my earlier post.

ReputationRep:
    does anyone have a link to the jan 2016 paper for d1? thanks

ReputationRep:
    Can somebody help me with Q8b on june 2014 paper i understand how they worked out the points what i understand is why they had to work out all the points and what they did after working out the points*

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by funkypineapple)
    Attachment 551405Hey guys! Could someone tell me why this is wrong? I didn't get enough sleep and somehow think a semi-eulerian works by starting at a even number and ending at odd.
    Your picture is not clear enough, but if a graph is semi eulerian and you want to traverse each road once, you need to start at a vertex that has odd valency and end at another vertex with odd valency

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boyyo)
    No, its 3y+x, im not 100% sure how though
    Alright, thanks. I'm still not sure on the problem as a whole though ;/

ReputationRep:
    My gut senses are saying we'll find a trace table in the exam tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    I need some help when doing linear programming and drawing the objective line. For example say the objective line is 3X + Y , why does the objective line cross the y axis at 3 and cross the x axis at 1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alfmeister)
    I need some help when doing linear programming and drawing the objective line. For example say the objective line is 3X + Y , why does the objective line cross the y axis at 3 and cross the x axis at 1
    work out the gradient, it will give u Y=-3X, so the gradient is -3. Therefore it crosses Y axis at 3 and x axis at 1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alfmeister)
    It doesn't have to. You can equate it to any number that is a factor of both x and y coefficients. SO you could use 15 or 30 to give larger numbers to make the objective line easier to follow. Hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 207
Size:  92.5 KBHi, could I get some help on all parts of this question please? With some explanation..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pecora)
    My gut senses are saying we'll find a trace table in the exam tomorrow.
    Wtf is a trace table?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nichola_vo)
Size:  92.5 KBHi, could I get some help on all parts of this question please? With some explanation..
    Need to know aswell

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theoriginalrpr)
    does anyone have a link to the jan 2016 paper for d1? thanks
    Looking for it aswell

ReputationRep:
    Wtf is a trace table?
    Flow chart. Same thing.

ReputationRep:
    Flow chart. Same thing.
    Whats a flow chart? Sorry, not good with names

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nichola_vo)
    Right, my attempt.

a) you make comparisons between first and second number on the list and the one which is bigger you "push" to the left and compare the remaining number with the next one. Repeat till the end of the pass and do other passes until you cannot do any more swaps - that's when the list is in order.

b) i) last one — basically what you are doing is "pushing" all the smaller bits to the end
    ii) that'll happen when the list is in complete mess, i. e. you need to resort 1, 2, 3, 4 into descending. you will need 3 passes. So n-1 passes.

ReputationRep:
    Whats a flow chart? Sorry, not good with names
    Chapter 1, I think it's the first or second exercise on it. I'm currently looking at Q7 on page 23, that stuff is tough!

ReputationRep:
    Right, my attempt.

a) you make comparisons between first and second number on the list and the one which is bigger you "push" to the left and compare the remaining number with the next one. Repeat till the end of the pass and do other passes until you cannot do any more swaps - that's when the list is in order.

b) i) last one — basically what you are doing is "pushing" all the smaller bits to the end
    ii) that'll happen when the list is in complete mess, i. e. you need to resort 1, 2, 3, 4 into descending. you will need 3 passes. So n-1 passes.
    Thank you!! My class group chat is indebted to you - we were wondering about this question

ReputationRep:
    Chapter 1, I think it's the first or second exercise on it. I'm currently looking at Q7 on page 23, that stuff is tough!
    Physicsandmathstutor have d1 edexcel topic questions organised and he's got a set of questions on flow charts specifically!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.