Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    The exam was very hard and lots of people didn't finish

ReputationRep:
    I got 4 bins lol brilliant.

ReputationRep:
    dijikstras- i think 48 and then to j its 40 and then prims bit cannot remember i finished this in last min didn't see this part in question at the beginning.

cpa- i got 4 worker at 14:00.

Linear programming- 11 standard 4 deluxe max Capacity 17
    objective should have been C=x+1.5y there was similar question in past papers.

Route: for the last one i got 82 and finish at b i think cause you get 35 for smallest twice arc.

Bipartite graph: for one mark you have to say there are 2 diff sets X and Y and for the other mark you have to set the arcs dont connect to the an element in the same set.

For Algorithm i got 135 so annoying and for why not 0.5 as x i said "as you would get negative number at the end since you have to do x=x-1 which = -0.5 so you have to chose 122. and the output was 122*0.5=61.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ISAAQAHELP)
    dijikstras- i think 48 and then to j its 40 and then prims bit cannot remember i finished this in last min didn't see this part in question at the beginning.

cpa- i got 4 worker at 14:00.

Linear programming- 11 standard 4 deluxe max Capacity 17
    objective should have been C=x+1.5y there was similar question in past papers.

Route: for the last one i got 82 and finish at b i think cause you get 35 for smallest twice arc.

Bipartite graph: for one mark you have to say there are 2 diff sets X and Y and for the other mark you have to set the arcs dont connect to the an element in the same set.

For Algorithm i got 135 so annoying and for why not 0.5 as x i said "as you would get negative number at the end since you have to do x=x-1 which = -0.5 so you have to chose 122. and the output was 122*0.5=61.
    Isnt the Dijikstras with J asking for a path includint J and not a path to J?

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone else get C= 1.5y +x for the linear programming constraint?? And 11 and 4 for the quantity of the standard and deluxe??

ReputationRep:
    Not feeling as bad now I've seen some answers - I think it's best to put it in perspective. Although not finishing a scheduling diagram and messing up a few numbers makes us feel like we've done awful, in reality, we could still get 69/70 with those types of mistakes - which could well be in the 90 UMS area still. Let's try and remain positive, and for those A2 students like me, realise we can't be complacent for C3 and C4 next week!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ISAAQAHELP)
    Wrong.

1/2 will only become negative (taking away 1) if you answer yes to "is x odd", which it will never be since it is 1/2 and just keeps on halving.

The algorithm will go on forever since you just keep halving x and doubling y infinitely since you're repeatedly answering no to "is x = 0"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JustAPye)
    I got very similar
    Thanks for some reassurance mate

ReputationRep:
    Answer for Prims length is actually 80 .. I'm incredibly sure about that for those saying 82.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hollygc123)
    Did anyone else get C= 1.5y +x for the linear programming constraint?? And 11 and 4 for the quantity of the standard and deluxe??
    Yes, i got that. But what did you get for the cost in part f. Because part f was asking you about cost when the objective line was for capacity?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student403)
    Wrong.

1/2 will only become negative (taking away 1) if you answer yes to "is x odd", which it will never be since it is 1/2 and just keeps on halving.

The algorithm will go on forever since you just keep halving x and doubling y infinitely since you're repeatedly answering no to "is x = 0"
    **** man

ReputationRep:
    Vote in the poll on how you found the exam:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4171580

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SP98)
    Did anyone finish the scheduling diagram?
    What didu get for w's duration?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by themathsman)
    answer for prims length is actually 80 .. I'm incredibly sure about that for those saying 82.
    i hope you are right i got 80 jesus if this is wrong i am not going to university ffs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMathsMan)
    Answer for Prims length is actually 80 .. I'm incredibly sure about that for those saying 82.
    Glad I'm not the only one that got 80

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ryanroks1)
    The algorithm multiplied the numbers together, right? Also, out of the 3 options on route inspection, one was considerably shorter than the other two. Was this the same situation for everyone else?
    yep! so you put 122 for x and 1/2 for y?

that way it actually becomes 0 and otherwise never reaches it no?

if so the final output is 61?

lemme know if you put something else

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMathsMan)
    I got 80 as well,

ReputationRep:
    i think the grade boundaries will be quite low as a lot of people seemed to struggle with time , dropped around about 10 marks still hoping for 90ums ...also did anyone else seem to struggle/ take awhile on finding the route on the route inspection question i had to skip it as id spent too much time on a 1/2 marker :/

ReputationRep:
    I got 80 for Prim's. I accidentally did Kruskal's first too (I am SO angry that I wasted time doing this) but that also gave 80 so pretty sure it is.

ReputationRep:
    What was that. What even was that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.