Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pablo Picasso)
    **** didnt see that, used 3 anywY. Did they also ask why the dummies were needed
    Don't think so

ReputationRep:
    dijikstras- i think 48 and then prims-82.
    i am not sure for h via j but some people say its 49
    i got 40 cause i only did to j not to h.
    cpa- i got 4 worker at 14:00.

Linear programming- 11 standard 4 deluxe max Capacity 17
    objective should have been C=x+1.5y there was similar question in past papers.

Route: I got 459 (75 repeated) for part a then 419(start at f finish at b repeat=35)

Bipartite graph: for one mark you have to say there are 2 diff sets X and Y and for the other mark you have to set the arcs dont connect to the an element in the same set.

For Algorithm i got 135 so annoying and took long.
    for why not 0.5 as x i said "as you would get negative number at the end since you have to do x=x-1 which = -0.5 so you have to chose 122. and the output was 122*0.5=61.
    i am not sure this is right
    another reason is that you would have to carry this on indefinitely never giving you answer if you use 0.5.

70/75 at the moment plz say my prim is right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yllom41)
    I thought the budget was £250 not £520, so did the graph with the inequality as if it were £250 and the feasible region and the vertex and the optimum amount.... How many marks will I get as my method was correct just with the wrong budget

ReputationRep:
    How many critical path routes were there?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zramazhar)
    No. This paper was rubbish!!!!!!!!!
    Some of the questions were a bit weird, but mostly standard questions but a lot more to do in the time than ever before!

ReputationRep:
    When I saw the scheduling after the cascade part, I literally thought 'f*** it even if it was 100 marks'

ReputationRep:
    Did they second question ask you for why the dummies were used?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Artmanlikesart)
    I got 48 for the shortest time possible, but via J was 49 right?
    I got the same too! Finally some hope in this disaster

ReputationRep:
    Did they second question ask you for why the dummies were used?
    No! Surely not. Don't worry, dude 😥

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ISAAQAHELP)
    dijikstras- i think 48 and then prims-82.
    i am not sure for h via j but some people say its 49
    i got 40 cause i only did to j not to h.
    cpa- i got 4 worker at 14:00.

Linear programming- 11 standard 4 deluxe max Capacity 17
    objective should have been C=x+1.5y there was similar question in past papers.

Route: I got 459 (75 repeated) for part a then 419(start at f finish at b repeat=35)

Bipartite graph: for one mark you have to say there are 2 diff sets X and Y and for the other mark you have to set the arcs dont connect to the an element in the same set.

For Algorithm i got 135 so annoying and took long.
    for why not 0.5 as x i said "as you would get negative number at the end since you have to do x=x-1 which = -0.5 so you have to chose 122. and the output was 122*0.5=61.
    i am not sure this is right
    another reason is that you would have to carry this on indefinitely never giving you answer if you use 0.5.

70/75 at the moment plz say my prim is right.
    Got 82 as well ppl saying 80 tho

ReputationRep:
    I want to see the FU CK ING PAPER RIGHT NOW SO I CAN FUC KING GET AN IDEA FOR WHAT I GOT

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samjfranklin)
    Some of the questions were a bit weird, but mostly standard questions but a lot more to do in the time than ever before!
    I KNOW!!!

This paper had average questions. But the Gantt chart and scheduling chart were very time-confusing. Question 8 was just baaaad. I didn't even work out the objective function correctly. Praying for the grade boundaries to be LOOOOOW!

ReputationRep:
    Got 82 as well ppl saying 80 tho
    they probably done it by accident and made a cycle for themselves which is not a MST so i hope we are right i dont want to go below 70

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yllom41)
    I thought the budget was £250 not £520, so did the graph with the inequality as if it were £250 and the feasible region and the vertex and the optimum amount.... How many marks will I get as my method was correct just with the wrong budget
    Oh no! You'll probably loose quite a few as it'll effect all of your answers - I'd say 1 or 2 for drawing the graph, 1 for writing the equalities and then around 2 for objective line and then a few more for point testing. You'll basically get the method marks, may be look at previous mark schemes with a similar question and look for a better idea

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeanFM)
    Sadly that applies to most places, except for stats where it's far more generous (sometimes marks can take less than a minute to get) and with D1, it's definitely true that marks take longer to get and it's far too easy to slip up somewhere in D1.
    M4, a 9 marker this year we all did in 2 lines. Literally. It was a joke.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ignore them .. 48 for the actual Dykstras
    49 for the route via J

ReputationRep:
    Horrible paper!!
    On the scheduling diagram I misread the question as I had about 2 minutes left and did it to 30 instead of 36! Do you think I'll get any marks?

I think I screwed up a lot of the questions

Hoping for a B

ReputationRep:
    What was the cost at the end. Also what was chinese postman answer?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think putting in both a Gantt chart and scheduling diagram was cruel considering how many marks they were worth

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 11, 2017
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.