The Student Room Group

Edexcel D1 - 17th June, 2016 [Exam discussion]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AhnafR
What did you get?

Can't quite remember, but it definitely asked for cost rather than capacity
Reply 881
Original post by GusMick
so the paper was bad, i didn't finish. Id say i skipped the last third of q7 and the last half of q8. Luckily a C on this and a decent ums on c3 and c4 should still see me getting an A overall. But idk if i even got a C on this

literally same i was hoping to get at least a B on this but dont even think i got a C :'( im actually relying on c3 and c4! need a B this year to get an A waahhhh
Original post by pecora
Has it been confirmed that 1.5y + x is (3y + 2x) correct?

Can anyone here please tell me if I will get follow through marks for putting 1.5x + y (3x + 2y)?

Not sure if you are wrong, but if you are you get ftM marks and one ftA( if there is two A marks)
Grade boundaries:
100 UMS-75 maybe 74
A*-69-only because i got 69 lol.
A-59-it will not be any lower, no recent d1 paper was lower than 58.and there are harder past papers.
B-idk-i never get lower than this so i dunno.
Why is there no mark scheme for this crappy exam?!
I managed to complete that paper on time (barely) ....

but obviously got a **** ton of stuff wrong
Reply 886
Original post by brokeins1
Not sure if you are wrong, but if you are you get ftM marks and one ftA( if there is two A marks)

Nah nevermind, I'll get 0. Does anyone remember how much was the linear programming question worth? Especially from objective line onwards?
Original post by ISAAQAHELP
Grade boundaries:
100 UMS-75 maybe 74
A-59-it will not be any lower, no recent d1 paper was lower than 58.and there are harder past papers.

Kinda rude ngl and you don't know that you've got 69
I did that whole paper in pencil, what happens if some parts dont get scanned? Can the examiner pull out the real paper?
Reply 889
Was there a question on dijkstras about finding a route via J ? Think I completely missed that question :frown: how many marks Is it worth ?
Original post by brokeins1
Anyone remember lengths of Prims questions individually, I know it's too much to ask but anyone ?

I think it was 80
Original post by gekkelekkebekke
can't remember but there were 2 critical activities happening around 12.5, along with 3 other activities hence minimum workers = 5

How can you have 2 critical activities happening at the same time?

But I agree at 12.5 there are 5 going on
For the simulatenous equation in the last question if you dont show any working out and just gave the answer do you get full marks? (I was running out of time so I used my calculator)
Does anyone know atleast when the paper will get leaked on TSR
Original post by Person18
People are saying they got 50 for the via J for D's algorithm, I think I got 49

I got 49 as well
Original post by Mia66
Was there a question on dijkstras about finding a route via J ? Think I completely missed that question :frown: how many marks Is it worth ?

It was 2 marks, one for the route and one for the length. I wouldn't worry too much about it now tbh, what's done is done
Original post by Ilkonebi
I got 49 as well

same. got 48 for first part and 49 for second
Original post by ISAAQAHELP
Grade boundaries:
100 UMS-75 maybe 74

I would argue that the IAL papers are the harder past papers, not the UK ones, and I personally think this paper was harder than any of the UK papers. Boundaries will be slightly lower than last year, I would've thought.

100 UMS: 70/75
90 UMS: 63/75

Now for the important boundaries:
80 UMS: 57/75
70 UMS: 51/75
60 UMS: 46/75
50 UMS: 40/75
40 UMS: 35/75
80 for prims is correct i believe?
Original post by Student403
How can you have 2 critical activities happening at the same time?

But I agree at 12.5 there are 5 going on

He probably worked out x = 22 instead of 21

I also said 5 at 12:30pm

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending