Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    There seems to still be controversy over (82 or 80 for Prims) and (11 and 4 or 9 and 5 for linear programming). Need more people saying their answers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boyyo)
    Not harder, but too much to do in 90 minutes
    I definitely thought it was by far the hardest D1 paper I've seen. Everything was challenging, not really any light relief throughout. Too much to do and the questions were consistently difficult.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I got 80 for prims, but I'm by no means certain
    (Original post by Nikhilm)
    There seems to still be controversy over (82 or 80 for Prims) and (11 and 4 or 9 and 5 for linear programming). Need more people saying their answers

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    I got 10 and 4 ahaha you had to round down I'm sure cos it was 10. Something and I got 80

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hogree)
    I definitely thought it was by far the hardest D1 paper I've seen. Everything was challenging, not really any light relief throughout. Too much to do and the questions were consistently difficult.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    hopefully grade boundaries are around 57-59 for an A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hogree)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yhh true, the flow chart one pissed me of so much, it was so wierd and pointless

ReputationRep:
    Hello! Just finished the D1 exam; it went well aside from the scheduling and gant diagrams. I have one quick question about the last question, the answer was 480 but in the exam I got a bit confused with this answer as since the person had a budget of £525 surely with the £45 he has left over he can just buy more storage units and thus receive more capacity?

ReputationRep:
    How many marks was Prim worth?

ReputationRep:
    No more than 3 I think.

How much was linear programming worth? Someone please please answer

ReputationRep:
    Either 3 or 4. Most likely 3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ec0n)
    Hello! Just finished the D1 exam; it went well aside from the scheduling and gant diagrams. I have one quick question about the last question, the answer was 480 but in the exam I got a bit confused with this answer as since the person had a budget of £525 surely with the £45 he has left over he can just buy more storage units and thus receive more capacity?
    budget was 520! but yeah i got 11 standard 4 deluxe at a price of 480 too but I went with my brain and left it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _newbe)
    I got 10 and 4 ahaha you had to round down I'm sure cos it was 10. Something and I got 80
    For 4 you have to round down, yes, but not 10 since it goes up in a different scale. 5 tiny boxes on the graph is worth 2 standard boxes or something. Definitely 11/4

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pecora)
    No more than 3 I think.

entire linear programming question was 14 marks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    80 and 11 and 4

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iMacJack)
    budget was 520! but yeah i got 11 standard 4 deluxe at a price of 480 too but I went with my brain and left it

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by Ec0n)
    Do remember there were other constraints aside from the cost one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pecora)
    No more than 3 I think.

14 marks in total and thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ec0n)
    The aim wasn't to maximise expenditure. It was to maximise storage space without going over any of the constraints.

That's why i think grade boundaries will drop, they decided to mix things up. The right answer (whatever it is) may not be the one that spent the most money

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student403)
    For 4 you have to round down, yes, but not 10 since it goes up in a different scale. 5 tiny boxes on the graph is worth 2 standard boxes or something. Definitely 11/4
    but if it was the optimal point at 10.8 or whatever it would have to be lower as that is the maximum just wondering

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GarlicBread01)
    I did that whole paper in pencil, what happens if some parts dont get scanned? Can the examiner pull out the real paper?
    It doesn't really matter if you did it in pencil or pen. All of the pages will be scanned and if it doesn't come up clearly on the examiner's screen, they chase it up and find the real paper. They can also darken their screens to make any markings more visible.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.