I ****ing hate d1
    Same, but we can do this

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by FailedMyMocks)
    I ****ing hate d1
    I'm currently reading this lovely book titled: 'why do buses come in threes?' and it has a bunch of stuff, including bridges and networks thatn come up in D1, about fun maths in real life - maybe it is worth a read

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeanFM)
    I'm currently reading this lovely book titled: 'why do buses come in threes?' and it has a bunch of stuff, including bridges and networks thatn come up in D1, about fun maths in real life - maybe it is worth a read
    You lost me at book!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xx_lofsuburbia)
    Same, but we can do this

Posted from TSR Mobile
    We're going to have to graft for this exam!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xx_lofsuburbia)
    Same, but we can do this

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by FailedMyMocks)
    We're going to have to graft for this exam!
    Just learn the algorithms properly and be very careful in the exam. Come on here if there are bits you're not sure about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tiny hobbit)
    Just learn the algorithms properly and be very careful in the exam. Come on here if there are bits you're not sure about.
    For me, it's a matter of making a really small error, which affects the rest of the question. I've improved a lot since the start of this year by doing several past papers, so I guess I have to continue

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I haven't been to a D1 lesson in months due to a dispute with a teacher (who was in the wrong) therefore i have to pretty much teach myself the entire course over the next week or 2... I need around 80-90 UMS which is what i'm getting in c1-4 ext.... how doable is this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by splashywill)
    I haven't been to a D1 lesson in months due to a dispute with a teacher (who was in the wrong) therefore i have to pretty much teach myself the entire course over the next week or 2... I need around 80-90 UMS which is what i'm getting in c1-4 ext.... how doable is this?
    Doable. I am gna do it aswell havent touched it yet except i know hard graph theory before hadn.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rashid.mubasher)
    The total number of arcs in a minimum spanning tree is always either equal to or less than the total number of arcs in the 'original' graph (hence the name 'minimum spanning' ). Knowing this we can make an inequality out of the previous two parts.
    Got it, thank you

ReputationRep:
    For question 8b https://d0247e65b1a6ead8e6286cd43803...%20Edexcel.pdf I understand how the inequality was found in the MS, but please could anyone suggest how they knew that comparing 2 lots of the vertices would be the approach to use as I was unsure how to go about the question! Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by economicss)
    For question 8b https://d0247e65b1a6ead8e6286cd43803...%20Edexcel.pdf I understand how the inequality was found in the MS, but please could anyone suggest how they knew that comparing 2 lots of the vertices would be the approach to use as I was unsure how to go about the question! Thanks
    The information given between part a & b points in that direction; we are told that P is a minimum when it passes through A and a maximum when it passes through D AND they are asking for the range of values of k which suggests that it is an inequality. Knowing this simply put one expression next to the other with the maximum > minimum and simplify.

ReputationRep:
    For exercise F question 2b https://86495a24d9b181f09087f4168bce...VJZTW8/CH1.pdf please could anyone explain how they would go about this, as I really can't figure it out! Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rashid.mubasher)
    The information given between part a & b points in that direction; we are told that P is a minimum when it passes through A and a maximum when it passes through D AND they are asking for the range of values of k which suggests that it is an inequality. Knowing this simply put one expression next to the other with the maximum > minimum and simplify.
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Please could anyone explain how to do questions like question 7e here https://d0247e65b1a6ead8e6286cd43803...%20Edexcel.pdf When we have to do a scheduling diagram for a time period which is greater than the length of the critical path, how do we do it please, should we be doing anything different to normal? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Are you allowed to do the whole D1 paper in pencil? (Easier to rub out and fix mistakes)
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Please could anyone explain how to do questions like question 7e here https://d0247e65b1a6ead8e6286cd43803...%20Edexcel.pdf When we have to do a scheduling diagram for a time period which is greater than the length of the critical path, how do we do it please, should we be doing anything different to normal? Thanks
    You might not be able to let 1 worker do all the critical activities :dontknow: but it's 3 marks...chances are you could do that and have 1 or two workers doing the rest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GarlicBread01)
    Are you allowed to do the whole D1 paper in pencil? (Easier to rub out and fix mistakes)
    Yes. The Edexcel Examiner's Report for D1 always recommends that you do. Provided that it is a darkish pencil (HB?) it will be fine when it is scanned.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeanFM)
    You might not be able to let 1 worker do all the critical activities :dontknow: but it's 3 marks...chances are you could do that and have 1 or two workers doing the rest.
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Please could anyone explain question 3c on this paper https://d0247e65b1a6ead8e6286cd43803...%20Edexcel.pdf the MS says add 2 to every arc except GT and HT but why is it not except GT or HT since surely you'd only be traversing one of these arcs on the route from A to T not both of them? Thanks
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Please could anyone explain question 3c on this paper https://d0247e65b1a6ead8e6286cd43803...%20Edexcel.pdf the MS says add 2 to every arc except GT and HT but why is it not except GT or HT since surely you'd only be traversing one of these arcs on the route from A to T not both of them? Thanks
    Because once it reaches T, the route has ended, so there's no need to add 2 on to the last arcs of the route. Also, you add 2 to every arc except GT and HT, not only the ones on the shortest route, as you'd have to do it prior to doing dijkstra's algorithm, that's why it's not added to GT and HT and not just one or the other.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.