Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    what do you guys think the grade boundaries will be?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zaini101)
    what do you guys think the grade boundaries will be?
    60 for an A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yua)
    60 for an A
    How can it be 60 for an a
    Most people found it hard to finish the exam aswell as all those weird drawings of networks and error prone questions
    Also 58 was an a last year and compared to this year that paper was a lot easier

ReputationRep:
    Hey I'm unsure on a few questions
    - for the critical analysis did anyone get 4 critical activities
    If this is wrong then for the scheduling diagram how many marks max could I get
    - the workers I calculated as 3.72 so said minimum of 4 workers is this right?
    - for the presecdence table I didn't finish on time so could only do 5 arcs how many marks could I get for doing this ?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone here know how the modules combination work for AS?

I am doing Maths and Fmaths, so 6 modules in total. C1,2 M1 S1 D1 FP1

I know that c1 and c2 is definitely Maths-AS but how would EDEXCEL combine the other units ???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brokeins1)

I know that c1 and c2 is definitely Maths-AS but how would EDEXCEL combine the other units ???
    You cannot get a FM AS until you have done maths a level. so this year you would get an AS result in maths: C1+C2+ your highest from S1,M1 &D1.

Next year when you complete the maths a level, so C3+C4+another one, you will get the further maths AS grade. If you also do FM next year, you will get a full FM a level result which will be FP1+FP2+any others that edexcel don't put in your maths one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brokeins1)

They would also prioritise maths over further maths

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Waffles15)
    You cannot get a FM AS until you have done maths a level. so this year you would get an AS result in maths: C1+C2+ your highest from S1,M1 &D1.

Next year when you complete the maths a level, so C3+C4+another one, you will get the further maths AS grade. If you also do FM next year, you will get a full FM a level result which will be FP1+FP2+any others that edexcel don't put in your maths one.
    what?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yua)
    what?
    what didn't you understand about that?

ReputationRep:

so are you saying that I wont get any qualification and/or any grades for the three modules ive done this year? how does that work?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster

(Original post by splashywill)
    I don't think that's 100% correct - you may be having some confusion about cashing in, and how you can re-cash AS units so that they're rearranged again after you've done A-level Maths.

ReputationRep:
    They would also prioritise maths over further maths
    well, if it was for me to choose I would have set C1 2 S1 for Maths and FP1 D1 M1 for as FM that way I could get A in both. if otherwise I might end up with an A in maths but B in FM. ( I did very bad in s1 )

So the question is would they be generous to even consider this scenario, or would they just ignore FM units until I get my Alevel M ?? so confusing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeanFM)
    I don't think that's 100% correct - you may be having some confusion about cashing in, and how you can re-cash AS units so that they're rearranged again after you've done A-level Maths.
    could you elaborate on that please?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by splashywill)
    stop spreading misinformation, you're dead wrong.

ReputationRep:
    My friend has a maths AS and further maths AS

ReputationRep:

Rubbish

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iMacJack)
    Guys I am 100% sure the objective line was x+1.5y. There was a basically identical question in a previous paper & I worked it all out today at the end and it was definitely x + 1.5y

Posted from TSR Mobile
    How did you work that out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yua)
    stop spreading misinformation, you're dead wrong.
    If you'll look i wasn't the person who posted that- just the person who said "what didn't you understand about that"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lander_q)
    Hey I'm unsure on a few questions
    - for the critical analysis did anyone get 4 critical activities
    If this is wrong then for the scheduling diagram how many marks max could I get
    - the workers I calculated as 3.72 so said minimum of 4 workers is this right?
    - for the presecdence table I didn't finish on time so could only do 5 arcs how many marks could I get for doing this ?
    omg sameI got 3.72 when I worked out the lower bound so managed to find four activities happening at the same time and said the minimum was 4 workersand I think the critical activities were four but I got 3 because I messed up part a

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student403)
    Rubbish
    What did u get for the lower bound?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.