Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arthi1)
    omg sameI got 3.72 when I worked out the lower bound so managed to find four activities happening at the same time and said the minimum was 4 workersand I think the critical activities were four but I got 3 because I messed up part a
    Lots of people are saying there were 5 or even 6 critical so not sure You'll get method marks hopefully
    Really need to see some a mark scheme

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I had completed every D1 paper from 2010-2015, including the R papers and January papers achieving an A in every single one prior to this exam. And yet even I found this exam almost impossible to complete in the 90mins. It was an extremely hard paper.

Everyone's comments seem fair on the grade boundaries. Considering last year 60 was an A, this years surely has to be around 57 for an A, otherwise Edexcel are smoking something.

Lots of people seem to be debating the lower bound for the critical path analysis question. The answer is 5 (I am pretty confident it is). Using the cascade chart you have drawn you should have drawn a dashed line at day 12.5(I think), where you would see that 5 activities had to have been happening at the same time. Thus you need 5 workers. You should be aware that when they ask for the lower bound after you have drawn the cascade chart the examiner expects you to use the cascade chart to calculate it and not the lower bound formula.

However I had no clue how to complete the scheduling diagram in part (d). I wasn't happy at all that Edexcel expected us to do a cascade chart and a scheduling diagram.

Also the linear programming question is another area of debate. I am confident the objective line is 1.5y + x = C MAX. That was a particularly hard linear programming question compared to other years.

I hope everyone did well.

ReputationRep:
    😫😫 didn't get an answer.
    Someone please....

Again, how would edexcel combine the following 6 modules for 2 AS
    C1 C2 FP1 M1 S1 D1
    Do I even have any say on it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brokeins1)
    😫😫 didn't get an answer.
    Someone please....

Again, how would edexcel combine the following 6 modules for 2 AS
    C1 C2 FP1 M1 S1 D1
    Do I even have any say on it?
    They will combine them in such a way as to maximise your grades, AS Maths first then AS FM, i.e. A C is considered as better than B B

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone else get 4 critical activities?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tiny hobbit)
    They will combine them in such a way as to maximise your grades, AS Maths first then AS FM, i.e. A C is considered as better than B B

cheers. so I'm guessing they'd consider AA than (high)A and B, right ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brokeins1)
    cheers. so I'm guessing they'd consider AA than (high)A and B, right ?
    Yes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nuggetsarelife)
    Did anyone else get 4 critical activities?
    I don't exactly remember the number but there were an extra critical activity ( no float) that couldn't have been done by the same W

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tiny hobbit)
    Yes

thanks mate..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pablo Picasso)
    What did u get for the lower bound?
    5 workers on day 12.5

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student403)
    5 workers on day 12.5
    Would day 12 be sufficient?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ryanroks1)
    Would day 12 be sufficient?
    Yes 12-13

ReputationRep:
    Grade boundaries P for 2016

A=57
    B=51
    C=45
    D=40
    E=35

i.e -1 off the June 2015. Do you agree?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by taichingkan)
    Same, but I got 4 extra, not 6...
    Yeah same I manged to do it using 3 workers and not even use up the entire 6 they allowed us to.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have hold of the paper yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pablo Picasso)
    Grade boundaries P for 2016

A=57
    B=51
    C=45
    D=40
    E=35

i.e -1 off the June 2015. Do you agree?
    I'd say so - the timing will probably bring them down to around there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lander_q)
    Does anyone have hold of the paper yet
    Yes cant give it away though

ReputationRep:
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 277
Size:  406.5 KB
    (Original post by mupsman2312)
    I'd say so - the timing will probably bring them down to around there.
    For the flow chart Q, that is what i did. How many marks would I have lost?:/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asherdan1997)
    Hi,

I had completed every D1 paper from 2010-2015, including the R papers and January papers achieving an A in every single one prior to this exam. And yet even I found this exam almost impossible to complete in the 90mins. It was an extremely hard paper.

Everyone's comments seem fair on the grade boundaries. Considering last year 60 was an A, this years surely has to be around 57 for an A, otherwise Edexcel are smoking something.

Lots of people seem to be debating the lower bound for the critical path analysis question. The answer is 5 (I am pretty confident it is). Using the cascade chart you have drawn you should have drawn a dashed line at day 12.5(I think), where you would see that 5 activities had to have been happening at the same time. Thus you need 5 workers. You should be aware that when they ask for the lower bound after you have drawn the cascade chart the examiner expects you to use the cascade chart to calculate it and not the lower bound formula.

However I had no clue how to complete the scheduling diagram in part (d). I wasn't happy at all that Edexcel expected us to do a cascade chart and a scheduling diagram.

Also the linear programming question is another area of debate. I am confident the objective line is 1.5y + x = C MAX. That was a particularly hard linear programming question compared to other years.

I hope everyone did well.
    How could it have been 1.5y when it said it was 40% greater? Surely it should've been 1.4? It would've been 1.5 had it been 50% greater capacity.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arch0wnz)
    How could it have been 1.5y when it said it was 40% greater? Surely it should've been 1.4? It would've been 1.5 had it been 50% greater capacity.
    It did say 50%

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 11, 2017
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.