The Student Room Group

Edexcel D1 - 17th June, 2016 [Exam discussion]

Scroll to see replies

Did anyone end up posting a copy of the paper then?
Original post by Midgeymoo17
The official mark scheme for this D1 is harsh. More than 3 workers on the scheduling
= 0 marks currently.

There is no official mark scheme yet
Original post by ward309
Here is my mark scheme. Only got hold of the paper today. It was indeed a long paper (even longer when you have to draw your own diagrams!)

https://1drv.ms/b/s!ALt0vQqZgjKy42U

Mr Ward

Hi there. I did the reverse thing doing the quick sort (sorted in to ascending then reversed as I realised I made a mistake), and I've seen it accepted in mark schemes before. However my friends told me they've also seen this not being accepted in other mark schemes. Do you think there's a chance they wouldn't accept it this time?
Original post by brokeins1
😫😫 didn't get an answer.
Someone please....

Again, how would edexcel combine the following 6 modules for 2 AS
C1 C2 FP1 M1 S1 D1
Do I even have any say on it?

They jumble the applied units around (D1,S1,M1) to give you the highest grade possible in both Maths and Further Maths. Maths takes priority first, but they will do it to give the best great in each.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Student403
There is no official mark scheme yet

Yes there is. My teacher is marking Edexcel D1. He received the official mark scheme from Edexcel in order to mark the papers yesterday. Whilst we were not allowed to see the complete one he used this to show us this as an example of how harsh the mark scheme currently is. They adjust these once a certain number of responses have been analysed hence is likely to change. And this will happen this week before he receives his questions to mark next weekend.
Original post by Lander_q
What do you think grade boundaries will look like
55/56 for an a?

hope so, fingers crossed. I found it a little more challenging than last years, so i hope it stays at 58 or drops down by like 2.
Original post by Lucymariexoxo
They jumble the applied units around (D1,S1,M1) to give you the highest grade possible in both Maths and Further Maths. Maths takes priority first, but they will do it to give the best great in each.

Posted from TSR Mobile

yayy, was worried of getting a high A in maths and B in Fmaths.
cheers mate
What ums will 62/63 marks most likely be ?
Original post by ward309

It has gone offline literally as i was going though it. Could you possibly re-upload it
?
Original post by lc970916
It has gone offline literally as i was going though it. Could you possibly re-upload it
?

There are some videos on youtube of the exam paper and worked solutions if you look for RescorlaMaths D1 2016
Original post by iMacJack
Awesome cheers - anywhere from around 59-64 marks. I'm confident this is an A :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

What was the answer to the last question? (Number of containers? Cost?)
Original post by Nuggetsarelife
What was the answer to the last question? (Number of containers? Cost?)

11 standard, 4 deluxe, cost £480
Original post by thebobby
For the algorithm question. Where they ask which value should be X. You wrote it was due to it being an integer. If I were to write as the x value would never equal zero sending the algorithm into an infinite loop, would that give me marks?

It definitely should do; in fact, I find your explanation better!
Original post by Datta10
What ums will 62/63 marks most likely be ?

It will hopefully be in the low nineties, but it should at least be in the mid-to-high eighties; it all just depends upon the grade boundaries...
Reply 1394
guys is there an unofficia mark schme
Well well well... I guess we weren't all moaning for no reason!

53 for an A, 63 for 100 UMS

how do you know what 100 ums is the grade boundaries dont even tell you what 90 ums is
Original post by igotohaggerston
how do you know what 100 ums is the grade boundaries dont even tell you what 90 ums is

Edexcel raw mark converter.
I hope Edexcel feel ashamed for providing such a poor quality exam - proof's in the boundaries!

I'm not even surprised. I've been saying it from the start. Finishing that paper in time simply wasn't possible.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending