Turn on thread page Beta
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by LLk1)
    In an activity network, do I start from 0 or 1 for the first node?
    It doesn't matter for the nodes, as long as the dependencies are correct, but in the textbook it usually starts with 0. The first early and late event times must start with 0.

ReputationRep:
    Name:  Screen Shot 2016-06-09 at 10.18.14.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  294.5 KB

With this question, I worked out the optimal point at (160/9,80/9) which rounds to x=17.8 and y=8.9, so wouldn't the maximum number of books be 17 and 8 as 18 and 9 isn't in the feasible region?

ReputationRep:
    In critical path analysis, does the order of the nodes matter when you end an activity? As long as the dependencies are correct i should get it right?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got any good extra D1 resources please? Struggling to find any!

ReputationRep:
    Hi could anyone explain how to do this to me please?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Anishax___)
    In critical path analysis, does the order of the nodes matter when you end an activity? As long as the dependencies are correct i should get it right?
    You have to get the order of labelling right to get full marks, you'll be penalised once if it is wrong.

(Original post by target21859)
    Hi could anyone explain how to do this to me please?
    Consider the gradients of BA and CD.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NotNotBatman)
    You have to get the order of labelling right to get full marks, you'll be penalised once if it is wrong.

Consider the gradients of BA and CD.
    That's what I did but in the mark scheme it considers point A<point B and point C< point D
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    That's what I did but in the mark scheme it considers point A<point B and point C< point D
    What do you mean by that?

ReputationRep:
    What do you mean by that?
    Here's the mark scheme
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Here's the mark scheme
    Yes, so work out the gradients of the lines, but remember to rearrange the equation in the form y=mx+c. If you let the x+ky=0 (the gradient will be the same regardless of the constant), then  y = -\frac{1}{k}x

Would you know what to do from there?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, so work out the gradients of the lines, but remember to rearrange the equation in the form y=mx+c. If you let the x+ky=0 (the gradient will be the same regardless of the constant), then  y = -\frac{1}{k}x

I'll have a go now

ReputationRep:

Oh I get it now, I didn't see it at first. It's actually really easy. You don't even need to use the gradient. Thanks for the help.

ReputationRep:
    Could anyone explain question 30b please https://86495a24d9b181f09087f4168bce...JZTW8/REV1.pdf I don't understand how you'd know that those numbers are a as a product of prime factors?! Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by economicss)
    Could anyone explain question 30b please https://86495a24d9b181f09087f4168bce...JZTW8/REV1.pdf I don't understand how you'd know that those numbers are a as a product of prime factors?! Thanks
    2*3*3*5=90 so they are the prime factors.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4nonymous)
    2*3*3*5=90 so they are the prime factors.
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Just finished my notes on this module! Now time to memorise definitions and practise practise practise - then I have 2 weeks just purely focus and to learn D2 yay.

ReputationRep:
    If any of you have the pearson edexcel d1 book, can you please help me with something on gannt charts.

On page 104, example 12 part a - why must C,D and E be happening midday on day 10 when F does not need to be? I don't understand how you can tell.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    If any of you have the pearson edexcel d1 book, can you please help me with something on gannt charts.

On page 104, example 12 part a - why must C,D and E be happening midday on day 10 when F does not need to be? I don't understand how you can tell.
    There is space between the time that F actually finishes and the latest that it can finish, it can be seen visually; the dotted line shows how far forward Activity F can go, so F can be started later than the middle of day 10, without delaying the entire project, but even if D and E were to finish at the late event time, they must still happen on the middle of day 10.

ReputationRep:
    There is space between the time that F actually finishes and the latest that it can finish, it can be seen visually; the dotted line shows how far forward Activity F can go, so F can be started later than the middle of day 10, without delaying the entire project, but even if D and E were to finish at the late event time, they must still happen on the middle of day 10.
    ooooooh i get it so basically the dotted line which represents the float shows that (this won't sound very mathematical, more of dumb) if the rectangle was to shift across into this space and fit there, the duration of the project would not be delayed?

Thank you so much, you have been so helpful.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    ooooooh i get it so basically the dotted line which represents the float shows that (this won't sound very mathematical, more of dumb) if the rectangle was to shift across into this space and fit there, the duration of the project would not be delayed?

Thank you so much, you have been so helpful.
    Yes, exactly that.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 11, 2017
Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.