Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

I am very grateful that I have received my offers now from my universities and I am just wondering what sort of opinions you have on these courses:

Econ and Mgmt at Oxford or Economics at LSE.

I was just wondering what the pros and cons of both are, what sort of reputations they have, which one may be more suited to getting me a job as a trader in IB, what sort of different career paths each degree may have and finally what life at each uni will be like doing either of these courses

Thanks guys.

ReputationRep:
    Go to oxford; more prestigious. Banks look for these during screening thousands of applicants. No time to check each individual properly.

EDIT: LSD will be better in terms of education into IB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tutorscience)
    Go to oxford; more prestigious. Banks look for these during screening thousands of applicants. No time to check each individual properly.

EDIT: LSD will be better in terms of education into IB
    Okay cool thanks. I know there will never be a clear cut answer as to whether one is better than another. Everything has its pros and cons. But I do love Oxford as a place and I think I'll enjoy it there much more. But I question whether an E&M degree will have as strong a rep as a pure econ degree.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.