Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jeena_hunt5476)
    Haha I've been promised £1800 and an iphone 7 when it comes out. Other things as well but I told them its too much ahahaha and would much rather prefer it if they took me on holiday to two places that I want to go to haha with my family but they said that could be added to the list of things I'll get hahaha!
    Honestly though if I did get amazing grades I probs wouldn't care even if they got me nothing or said congrats lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Woahhh! There's too much information for me to handle right now haha Aww that'd be nice, going on holiday.
    Same tbh - that'll be what it'll come to probably.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My teacher bought me chocolates when I got an A in my maths test (but I sorta cheated so I felt like I didn't deserve it) aha. They said they'd get me more if I got an A in the actual thing....but I didn't aha!! I got a very low grade in maths ( the only reason I got the A was because I cheated anyway)

My parents let me eat takeaway when I passed my exams XD

ReputationRep:
    I think I may have been given some money as an overall well done/congratulations present, but I can't remember - it wasn't anything significant. And I definitely wasn't incentivised with it. But I but I did know people who got a certain amount for each top grade.

ReputationRep:
    My parents got me a little cake from morrissons after my GCSEs and also offered to help pay for any stuff i needed at sixth form

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matrix123)
    Woahhh! There's too much information for me to handle right now haha Aww that'd be nice, going on holiday.
    Same tbh - that'll be what it'll come to probably.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hahaha! Just do your best even if you don't get the best gifts. Just try and reach your goal in life and that will be the best gift!
    Although a holiday does sound nice especially during the start of a stressful life loool

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jeena_hunt5476)
    Hahaha! Just do your best even if you don't get the best gifts. Just try and reach your goal in life and that will be the best gift!
    Although a holiday does sound nice especially during the start of a stressful life loool

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haha thanks - I agree. Same to you
    Yup, as long as I have those who are close to me I guess I don't really mind.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ishan_2000)
    I recently found out that some people in my school actually receive money for every A* they get in their GCSEs!! One person was saying that they will receive £50 for every A* OR A they achieve in their GCSEs!! This is so stupid!

Is this common? Will any of you get paid for doing well in your GCSEs, or did you get paid for your GCSE results?
    Some people need more motivation than others. Why do you care?
    Kids nowadays *sigh*

ReputationRep:
    I recently found out that some people in my school actually receive money for every A* they get in their GCSEs!! One person was saying that they will receive £50 for every A* OR A they achieve in their GCSEs!! This is so stupid!

Is this common? Will any of you get paid for doing well in your GCSEs, or did you get paid for your GCSE results?
    stop pretending yeh have it hard.

£50 is nothing...if it means a kid has better choice and prospects.

ReputationRep:
    LOL. If I get good grades my parents will be using it as an excuse to kick me out. Not that I would want to carry on living with my parents, but damn student accommodation in London is expensive and I currently only live about ~45 mins away from the uni I want to go to. Oh well, best start getting used to noodles for dinner.

ReputationRep:
    Lol I got £5000 for getting 3 A* and an A at A-level and getting into Imperial and I thought that was hardly anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TuppenceB)
    So kind of like making up for not sending us to private school then . That's good, didn't think of it like that before.
    Yeah exactly! Some schools offer their students money for getting good grades too so I'm guessing that it works pretty well (my school did this for students who got their predicted grade in RS)!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Christie_xx)
    Yeah exactly! Some schools offer their students money for getting good grades too so I'm guessing that it works pretty well (my school did this for students who got their predicted grade in RS)!
    That's great. Did you do RS as well? I sat it in October last year

My dad bought me a nice pair of earrings after I got my GCSE results, but he would've given them regardless of my grades (as long as I passed!)

Don't know what he'll do with my A Level results. So far, I've been promised a Tiffany's bracelet, a holiday in Paris and an iPad if I get 3 A*s :lol:

ReputationRep:
    That's great. Did you do RS as well? I sat it in October last year
    Yeah I did RS! Unfortunately it was compulsory at my school, but at least I got the £50 my school offered us! That's funny, I thought exams were usually in either June or January? Are you doing GCSEs?

(Original post by Serpentine111)
    Lol I got £5000 for getting 3 A* and an A at A-level and getting into Imperial and I thought that was hardly anyway
    Lmao lucky you

ReputationRep:

I didn't get cash-in-hand for doing well in HS but my mum used to buy me 'treats' (such as a 3DS) if I did well in tests. If I wanted cash in hand I had to get a job

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Christie_xx)
    Yeah I did RS! Unfortunately it was compulsory at my school, but at least I got the £50 my school offered us! That's funny, I thought exams were usually in either June or January? Are you doing GCSEs?
    Congrats on getting the £50! Yes, it is normally in June or January but I had an option to sit it earlier as a private candidate. My GCSEs are in May
    I'm guessing you've sat all yours already though!

ReputationRep:
    Agreed. What about you, are you getting anything?
    Nope, but my birthday is in May, just before the exams, so whatever I will get will be given then. I doubt I will get anything extra after Results Day. You?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ciel.)
    Some people need more motivation than others. Why do you care?
    Kids nowadays *sigh*
    I just wanted to know others' opinions on the matter.

ReputationRep:
    Nope, but my birthday is in May, just before the exams, so whatever I will get will be given then. I doubt I will get anything extra after Results Day. You?
    Mine's in August, just before the results come out..
    Don't know whether I'll get anything tbh, but chances are I might so here's hoping .

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.