Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guysSo Ive kinda sorta decided on my EE topic.RQ- identifying the effect of caffeine on the growth rate of gut bacteria like lactobacillus.acidophilus and lactobacillus._____" (havent decided which species to take rn)Is this too simple for an EE? Will this take 40 hours? I know i can pull off some graphs/tables but is this too generic?And also, will it stretch out to 4000 words?Thanks

ReputationRep:
    No, I think that it seems like a reasonable RQ to start off with. Hopefully, you've refined it more by now. If you conduct the procedure correctly and conducted about 6 repeats for each factor, you should be fine.

Ultimately though, you want to find secondary sources and university research (if available) for this topic. That's usually where the most marks lie, with regards to comparison of results and evaluation etc.

I can probably assure you though, as with most science EEs, (or just mine haha) it's easy to go over the 4000 word count but it won't be as easy to get an A. The use of the appendices really help if you find yourself going over the word count, but of course, all directly relevant materials need to be in the EE itself :laugh:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Applying to university
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.