The Student Room Group

Teacher Training Interview. HELP!

Hi guys, I've just been invited to attend an interview for a salaried school's direct programme. Obviously, this is quite exciting but I'm absolutely terrified! I will be expected to teach a skill to the other candidates before I am formally interviewed. I have no idea what skill to teach. If I was expected to teach a group or a class of children I'd be fine as I've worked as a cover supervisor for three years. Does anyone have any ideas on what skill I could teach? (please don't say origami). Also, any tips for the interview will be greatly appreciated! xx
Reply 1
Do you have any unique hobbies? What is your subject?
For my interview I taught story theatre skills, as I did a Performing Arts course for a year. Others taught us sign language, or a rhyme teaching us numbers in Irish. Like S27 said, it's a good idea to teach something your interested in or a hobby.
If you've travelled you could teach a language and use Total Physical Response which is basically when the student's have to do what your teaching them e.g. when they say the word for 'stand up', they stand up at the same time.
Or you could teach a song and do a call and response, or cannon.
Or you could do storytelling and read/create a song where at different words the students have to respond with an action and then at the end draw on different characters in the story.
Depends how long the taught session is meant to be and what age group you want to aim it at.
Don't be terrified, you'll be great!
Sounds fun! I didn't get anything that exciting to do in my interview. Good luck, and let us know how you get on. :smile:
Original post by Alexandra242
I will be expected to teach a skill to the other candidates before I am formally interviewed.

I have to do this too! I'm bricking it- I was thinking about teaching reading body language, although it's something I don't know loads about, it is something I'm interested in. Other than that I have no blooming clue. Plus, with all the other assessment activities on the day I'm really worried!
https://targetpostgrad.com/subjects/teaching-and-education/interview-questions-for-teacher-training

Could be something simple like tying laces or doing a knot. How to ride a bike?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending