Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've had two jobs before temporarily, one was working for Travelex in the summer, it was meh. Then I worked for Amazon before Christmas, it was like 40 hours a week minimum and pretty dull/not exactly the kind of job I want.

I study for my A-level retakes most days, and I go to a tutor 3 days a week so I don't really want to be working a 40 hour job. Every time I look on sites like indeed, the jobs are things like warehouse operative or truck driver.

None of these jobs are the type of jobs I'm looking for, most students don't work part time in a factory whilst also studying do they?

ReputationRep:
    Looking at temp staff jobs would be an idea - you sign up to an agency and work at various events as bar staff etc. Or just handing in your CV at local businesses for part time hours. If there's a University near you it's worth looking at their vacancies as usually jobs on University campuses are really flexible and well paid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by birdie95)
    Looking at temp staff jobs would be an idea - you sign up to an agency and work at various events as bar staff etc. Or just handing in your CV at local businesses for part time hours. If there's a University near you it's worth looking at their vacancies as usually jobs on University campuses are really flexible and well paid.
    Would it be best to hand in a CV? How could I make it non specific? I tend to write cvs for the job.

ReputationRep:
    Look at retail jobs like Marks and Spencer or Primark you have to apply online.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinasaurus)
    Would it be best to hand in a CV? How could I make it non specific? I tend to write cvs for the job.
    Yes - so I wrote two different CVs, one for a retail job and one for a waitressing job and handed them into shops and cafes. Also many high street chains like River Island etc will give you an application form if you ask and are usually really helpful

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.