Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Me and a guy have been friends for awhile, I've always liked him and he's knows it. Recently we've become alot closer started hanging out. We both agree'd to see how things would go with us both coming out of long term relationships we didn't want to rush things. After seeing each other regularly for about 5 or 6 weeks now, we had a DVD night on Monday, well what I thought was going to be a DVD night, he clearly wanted to have sex, I told him strictly no, not only was there no protection involved, that wasn't what we agree'd to do that day so I was taken back a little.

After speaking about what he wanted, which he wanted to be friends with benefits for now, then see where we go from there. I told him if that's what he wanted, then he'd have to get some protection before we do anything like that. Even though I know it's probably not the the best idea to do when I clearly have feelings for him, I was up for doing it. So he text me last night to arrange to meet up today (Saturday) after I had finished work, but before I went to sleep he wanted me to send a dirty picture, I said no, and he clearly wasn't happy and he K'd me lol. I didn't think anything of it the next day, so when I got home after work this morning I messaged him to see what time he wanted me to come and meet him, and he blew me off saying it didn't matter anymore.

Now what? What exactly is he trying to tell me here? I'm so confused and I have asked him multiple times what exactly is it what he wants from me, and I just keep getting the same response saying he doesn't want a relationship yet, which is fine as I'm not in a rush to be in one either, but then he keeps saying this whole thing with friends with benefits, but nothings happening.

ReputationRep:
    He just wants sex. Thats it. Sex, some dirty photos and to get his **** wet basically. He almost certainly doesn't have feelings for you. Stick to being friends and don't let him use you.

ReputationRep:
    Agreed. ^ He wants to sleep with you but he doesn't have any feelings towards you so he doesn't want it to become a relationship. Cut your losses and move on, this guy only wants one thing.

(Original post by dhr90)
    He just wants sex. Thats it. Sex, some dirty photos and to get his **** wet basically. He almost certainly doesn't have feelings for you. Stick to being friends and don't let him use you.
    I thought so, just wanted to see if it was something I did.

(Original post by Katarvi)
    Agreed. ^ He wants to sleep with you but he doesn't have any feelings towards you so he doesn't want it to become a relationship. Cut your losses and move on, this guy only wants one thing.
    Thank you for your input, means alot

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 5, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.