Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Wellcome Trust internship 2016 Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, anyone applied for a Wellcome Trust internship this year??

ReputationRep:
    Yes, for the Innovations internship. Haven't heard back yet though.

ReputationRep:
    Okay cool. Me neither, guessing it'll probably be around the end of the month when we hear back 😊

ReputationRep:
    I presume so, we'll have to wait and see. Which internship did you apply for? Do you know the actual dates of the internships?

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I've also applied - I believe the dates are from the end of June through to the end of August, depending on placement length, and the interviews are in the 11th-22nd April period.

Fingers crossed we hear back either way soon! Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jenclaire)
    I presume so, we'll have to wait and see. Which internship did you apply for? Do you know the actual dates of the internships?
    Yeah I suppose. And no not really, only what was on the website. I've applied for the Humanities and Social Science one :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spanner89)
    Hi,

I've also applied - I believe the dates are from the end of June through to the end of August, depending on placement length, and the interviews are in the 11th-22nd April period.

Fingers crossed we hear back either way soon! Good luck
    Hey! Which have you applied for? :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosiepower;[url="tel:63360301")
    63360301[/url]]Hiya,

I applied for the editorial one but I haven't heard back yet
    Don't panic, don't think we'll know for a while yet 😊

ReputationRep:
    Hi i have also applied, has anyone heard anything back?

ReputationRep:
    Hey not yet, you? Which one did you apply for?

ReputationRep:
    Nope, nothing.. The Legal intern role.
    They did say they will only get in touch if you have been successful..

ReputationRep:
    I got a reply on Friday for an Editorial interview, I'm sure it won't be long now! I've got an interview on the 11th... scary scary!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katsinhats)
    I got a reply on Friday for an Editorial interview, I'm sure it won't be long now! I've got an interview on the 11th... scary scary!
    Congrats! Do you mind me asking when you submitted your application? Just asking as I submitted mine quite close to the deadline, and was wondering if they were possibly working through the applications in that order?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by freshypot♥)
    Congrats! Do you mind me asking when you submitted your application? Just asking as I submitted mine quite close to the deadline, and was wondering if they were possibly working through the applications in that order?

I submitted mine literally a few mins before the end of the working day (like 5ish) on the deadline. I doubt there is any order really. They're probs all printed and sorted and dumped on desks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katsinhats)
    I submitted mine literally a few mins before the end of the working day (like 5ish) on the deadline. I doubt there is any order really. They're probs all printed and sorted and dumped on desks!
    Ah cool! You're probably right!

The internship looks so good - just really hope I hear back from them :blush:

ReputationRep:
    I haven't heard back yet. Has anyone been rejected? When I applied I got an automatic response saying they will inform me even if I don't get an interview.

ReputationRep:
    First post! I applied on the last day too, haven't heard anything back!

It really does look like such a unique, awesome experience haha, fingers crossed for everyone.

ReputationRep:
    I heard from the Trust today with an interview for the Education and Learning Informal Science internship! Good luck to people still waiting to hear back - shouldn't be too long

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rachaelmartyn)
    I haven't heard back yet. Has anyone been rejected? When I applied I got an automatic response saying they will inform me even if I don't get an interview.
    Hi Racheal, which internship did you apply for ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AussieAbroad)
    First post! I applied on the last day too, haven't heard anything back!

It really does look like such a unique, awesome experience haha, fingers crossed for everyone.
    Hi, which internship did you apply for?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.