Turn on thread page Beta

Should I text him first? watch

There seems to be this whole big thing about not texting a guy first because you appear too keen or whatever but is texting a guy first really that bad a thing?

So last night I went to a bar with a few friends and started talking to this really handsome guy. He approached me first and we chatted for a few hours and then exchanged numbers and Facebook etc. He then walked me and my friends home to make sure we got back safe. I was going to text him this morning and say, 'thank you for walking us home last night, hope you got home safe' or something similar. Would this be an acceptable thing to text?

Because he initiated the conversation and exchanging of numbers would this be okay for me to initiate the first text?

Of course go for it, Just don't do all the chasing. I've learned the hard way :erm:

ReputationRep:
    Sounds good go for it I would, he probably will like you being the one to initiate things.

ReputationRep:
    Of course! He's definitely interested and you have nothing to lose.. go for it! (and let us know how it pans out!)
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    There seems to be this whole big thing about not texting a guy first because you appear too keen or whatever but is texting a guy first really that bad a thing?

So last night I went to a bar with a few friends and started talking to this really handsome guy. He approached me first and we chatted for a few hours and then exchanged numbers and Facebook etc. He then walked me and my friends home to make sure we got back safe. I was going to text him this morning and say, 'thank you for walking us home last night, hope you got home safe' or something similar. Would this be an acceptable thing to text?

Because he initiated the conversation and exchanging of numbers would this be okay for me to initiate the first text?
    If you want to then go for it. If you don't then he might have forgotten about you if he was particularly intoxicated.

Thanks for all the encouragement! I've decided to give him a little text so I'll let you know how it goes if he replies

ReputationRep:
    If you say that, that will be fine. It's really nice and polite and he would like that I guess.

ReputationRep:
    Yes! Absolutely!

I know sometimes you might feel shy, but after you do it once, it'll easy

I text him and he replied by saying no worries, I got home fine Didn't lead to another conversation as I had hoped but at least I gave it a shot

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 5, 2016
Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.