Turn on thread page Beta

Can I apply for student finance without a passport? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    So my college are saying I need to sort out my student finance application and to do that I need a valid passport. The problem is mine expired a couple of weeks ago. I've got the forms for a new one, I've given them to someone I know who is counter signing it, but I have no idea how long the new passport will take to come. I know there's no real rush but I'd like to get everything sorted as soon as possible so that it's one less thing to worry about with my exams approaching. It does say on the student fiance website that you can use other forms of ID but that it's quicker and easier with a passport. So can I use another form of ID, for example my driving license? And how much longer will it take if I do it that way? Thanks in advance!
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    You can use your birth certificate as ID instead. You have to get someone to sign a form for you, if you do that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tiger Rag)
    You can use your birth certificate as ID instead. You have to get someone to sign a form for you, if you do that.
    Oh ok that doesn't sound too bad. Thank you!

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.