Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

what did your teachers used to/say on your school reports? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by somemightsay888)
    Ahh, we had the categories "Effort", "Behaviour/Attitude", "Quality of work", "Quality of homework" and "Overall".

Usually got well in all of it bar Quality of Homework, which I paid my friend to do for me :rofl: Once the teacher nearly caught me out by asking how I'd gotten a copy of the lower groups Maths homework when I was in the higher class hahaha
    Lmaooo, my mate's dad had a corner shop so I occasionally did his maths HW in like 2 minutes in exchange for sweets/energy drinks :rofl:

Damn, I miss being in high school :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anon_98)
    I've still got almost all of my mine bc my mum always kept them for some odd reason. :lol: Well, here's my year 9 report written by my tutor.

"Anon is a mature and reserved young lady who is always immaculately dressed. She is a polite and popular member of the tutor group with a good circle of friends. Her attendance record is excellent and her punctuality is also very good. She has an extremely good attitude towards college and learning which is reflected in her effort, behaviour and homework grades. Anon's approach to learning is fantastic. She is organised and hardworking. These attributes have insured that Anon is working at or above her target levels for most of her subjects. She has achieved an outstanding attainment level for Design and Technology which is two sub-levels higher than her target grade. Well done Anon, this is an excellent report.

*Signed* "

How things have changed. :toofunny:
    Genuinely thought that you were a boy

ReputationRep:
    That I loved talking and I easily got distracted by others lol

ReputationRep:
    Too quiet

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    In most: Good at this subject, needs to participate in class discussions. In some, more particularly positive stuff like "pleasure to teach" and "very able" or whatever. In some, like art and P.E., stuff like "needs to improve on X, is okay at Y", which could have been a lot harsher; I got a level 3 and 2 in those respectively. This was Year 9/GCSE.
    In A level it was all pretty samey, just that I was doing very well and hardworking and whatever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 13 1 20 8 42)
    In most: Good at this subject, needs to participate in class discussions. In some, more particularly positive stuff like "pleasure to teach" and "very able" or whatever. In some, like art and P.E., stuff like "needs to improve on X, is okay at Y", which could have been a lot harsher; I got a level 3 and 2 in those respectively. This was Year 9/GCSE.
    In A level it was all pretty samey, just that I was doing very well and hardworking and whatever.
    How long did u study per day ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Duke Glacia)
    How long did u study per day ?
    I dunno, at A level maybe an hour of maths at home at AS on average on weekdays and then a few over the weekend..then at A2 maybe a couple of hours, and lots over the weekend..
    Barely studied the other stuff until close to exams

ReputationRep:
    My reports used to be a mixed bag some of my teachers disliked me... At my old school I had some teachers be really positive saying that i contribute a lot and consistently do well, and others would say i'm disruptive and unfocused. I had one teacher write on my report that I was an attention seeker... that made me feel bad about myself though i thought it was funny as well. But at my current school I'm quite sure that all my teachers like me and I plan to keep it that way.

ReputationRep:
    Depends on my teacher.

I remeber my r.e teacher described me as one of the most polite boys she had ever meet and one of the most pleasant and involved members of the class

My p.e teacher described me as unproductive, easily distracted and as have poor attitude.

On all of my reports, it'd be all positive except for "she gets too easily distracted by those around her." Every single one, throughout primary and secondary school.

In other words, I needed to STFU. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Lol wow where do I begin

• More intent on talking than doing work
    • Doesn't pay attention in class.
    • Good work, keep it up!
    • Better expected
    • Can do better
    • Good luck
    • Excellent!
    • Good!
    • Fair

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    My school reports 99% of the time had teachers describe me as conscientious and quiet (except my english teachers whose comments were mostly negative).
    What did yours have to say about you?
    Philosophy: exam grade U. Thefatone has produced some excellent work in the lesson and makes a greatcontribution. A very disappointing exam - I am sure he ran out of time as it does not reflect his usualperformance.

^^ there was a stonker of a question and it was super difficult

Physics: exam grade B. Thefatone is an enigma. In lessons it can appear that his mind is elsewhere and hemay struggle with the basic facts. However, he asks many questions and is clearly working out of class. Icongratulate him on the exam and the effort he is putting in.

Physics: exam grade B. Thefatone has really struggled with some aspects of Mechanics in class, so much sothat I thought he wasn't coping. His topic test results (U and C grades) reflect this. However, he clearlypulled the stops out with revision and achieved a good exam result - well done.

These are L6 mocks in September somewhere^^

Housemaster: Thefatone is still languishing in an argumentative state whereby the school is the enemy. He is in conflict withthe norm and lacks the self discipline of his peers. I hope he can see the light before it is too late and decidethat he wants to push his personal boundaries rather than settling for second best.
    ^^5th year i was friends with some guy in the Upper 6th and the housemaster absolutely hated the upper 6th former so thus he hated me since i had a connection and i was friends with that guy, now that my friend has left, my housemaster is ton much nice towards me xD

Housemaster: Thefatone has settled well in School House, forming good relationships with others. I would like to see himexert more energy in extracurricular participation as well as his academic studies, as there are plenty ofopportunities to grab with two hands, not just a controller or mouse.
    ^^4th year, my housemaster always saw me gaming and never ever saw me do any work

ReputationRep:
    Good attitude, need to contribute more to class, need to spend more time on my homework... One parents evening I had in year 9 every ****ing teacher called me lazy. I don't understand why teachers think it's acceptable to say the same thing over and over again in my reports

ReputationRep:
    I seem to remember that being a bit quiet, keeping myself to myself, and that I should participate in class discussions more were common things on my school reports.

ReputationRep:
    If you read through all mine it's so inconsistent you may well conclude that I have a multiple personality disorder.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Retired_Messiah)
    If you read through all mine it's so inconsistent you may well conclude that I have a multiple personality disorder.
    It's creationism that has you like that right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blackdiamond97)
    Genuinely thought that you were a boy
    :lol:

You're not the first. :emo:

ReputationRep:
    Legend (I'm paraphrasing)
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    In year 9 or 10 (forgot which) my PE teacher gave me a target to watch more sport on TV...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ServantOfMorgoth)
    It's creationism that has you like that right?
    No, more likely to be influences of my upbringing and the base sequences on my alleles. The Catholics seem to think creationism forces me to tend towards evil due to the taint of the original sin, but that's not really relevant...

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.