Turn on thread page Beta

what did your teachers used to/say on your school reports? watch

ReputationRep:
    As I was reading through my various report booklets, I found a particularlyyyy impressive year 3 I.C.T report that I thought I should also share with you all:

"Anon enjoys working on the computer and has looked at a range of different software packages. She can log onto the computer independently and is beginning to find her way around the keyboard. With support, she can open emails and attachments and can send a reply."

:indiff:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anon_98)
    As I was reading through my various report booklets, I found a particularlyyyy impressive year 3 I.C.T report that I thought I should also share with you all:

"Anon enjoys working on the computer and has looked at a range of different software packages. She can log onto the computer independently and is beginning to find her way around the keyboard. With support, she can open emails and attachments and can send a reply."

:indiff:
    Wow you must've been the brightest bulb in that class! :zomg:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I used to get the highest grade for all aspects of my work, except for presentation of work, for which I'd get the lowest grade

Otherwise, these phrases came up very often, ever since primary school:
    'Model student'
    'Thoughtful, conscientious'
    'Sensible, well-behaved'
    'Talented and hard-working'
    'Pleasure to teach'
    'Sets herself very high standards'
    'Enthusiastic about her subjects'

:innocent:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ServantOfMorgoth)
    Wow you must've been the brightest bulb in that class! :zomg:
    Agreed.

ReputationRep:
    Pretty much all of mine were some variation of 'a pleasure to teach but needs to participate in class more'.
    I actually had my first one-to-one meeting with my manager today at work and she said pretty much the same thing herself (with the participation bit replaced with 'you need to answer the phone more when it rings'). At least I'm consistent? :dontknow:

Mine was really general. Like -.- oh no you just did not you copy and past, and just substitute my name in like an irrelevant little pest.

ReputationRep:
    Looking at my report for GCSE
    Science
    Very bright and conscientious.
    Often asks thoughtful and interesting questions. Natural flair for science.
    Overcomplicates answers by writing down everything she knows about a topic

Maths -
    Outstanding student and natural mathematical ability. thanks sir

Everything else was just copy and paste business.

A level reports though this year will be like
    Needs to be more organised

ReputationRep:
    Reue has no natural ability in Business Studies and should seriously reconsider taking it for A-Levels
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Reue)
    Reue has no natural ability in Business Studies and should seriously reconsider taking it for A-Levels
    did you prove them wrong?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    did you prove them wrong?
    Nope, I'm still a slave to the wage.

ReputationRep:
    That I was quiet and should come out my shell more.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My sister had the best copy + pasted one from the PE department.

"XXX should try to lead a more active lifestyle. She should aim to exercise for at least 30 minutes 3 times a week"

My sister at the time was on the Great Britain team for her sport, trained several hours most days and represented the country in many international competitions.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 7, 2016
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.