Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I can smell battered sausage in the library. Watch

ReputationRep:
    So I live in the Netherlands and my access to good British fast food is non-existent. For the last couple days I've had a real craving for all things British such as chippys, Robinson's squash and good sweets/chocolate.

I'm sat in the medical library and there is no food remotely close to me and I am convinced I'm going around the twist as I can smell battered sausages and chips. :nooo::sad:

Please send me support and relatable tales to keep my spirits up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bluffroom)
    So I live in the Netherlands and my access to good British fast food is non-existent. For the last couple days I've had a real craving for all things British such as chippys, Robinson's squash and good sweets/chocolate.

I'm sat in the medical library and there is no food remotely close to me and I am convinced I'm going around the twist as I can smell battered sausages and chips. :nooo::sad:

Please send me support and relatable tales to keep my spirits up
    Once I bought a battered sausage and some chips, and then I used my mouth to eat them.

ReputationRep:
    I plan on having fish and chips for tea tonight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr Pesto)
    Once I bought a battered sausage and some chips, and then I used my mouth to eat them.
    How can I relate to that? I'm about 500 miles from my closest chippy :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mscaffrey)
    I plan on having fish and chips for tea tonight.
    the big question is: what sort of fish?

ReputationRep:
    the big question is: what sort of fish?
    Battered cod. It's always a choice between cod and haddock for me, but cod always feels more authentic given that's what I grew up with.

ReputationRep:
    Battered cod. It's always a choice between cod and haddock for me, but cod always feels more authentic given that's what I grew up with.
    I can understand that. I am more of a cod fan myself too.
    On an unrelated note, I really hate when you accidentally buy fish fingers instead of 'cod fish fingers' as the birds eye boxes look the same but one is cod one is pollock. Really ruined a few dinners a while back D:

ReputationRep:
    I can understand that. I am more of a cod fan myself too.
    On an unrelated note, I really hate when you accidentally buy fish fingers instead of 'cod fish fingers' as the birds eye boxes look the same but one is cod one is pollock. Really ruined a few dinners a while back D:
    Oh yeah, the pollock ones really ruin what should be a pleasurable experience. They tend to be flatter and the fish just isn't as nice. Although, weirdly, on the rare occassion when I find myself in McDonald's I only ever get fish fingers and they're pollock ones but the pollock is gorgeous in them.

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah, the pollock ones really ruin what should be a pleasurable experience. They tend to be flatter and the fish just isn't as nice. Although, weirdly, on the rare occassion when I find myself in McDonald's I only ever get fish fingers and they're pollock ones but the pollock is gorgeous in them.
    what really kills (besides the flavour) it for me is when you cut it or bite it and on your fork you see what isn't lovely white fish flesh and its just sad. They aren't the same.

I agree! McDonald's do cracking good fish fingers, but they don't sell them here, just McKibbeling (which is shite I may add). It's also horrendously expensive compared to the UK. And there's no double cheeseburgers! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Just watch a vomit compilation on youtube... all appetite lost

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    Just watch a vomit compilation on youtube... all appetite lost
    Who makes those compilations? :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zargabaath)
    Who makes those compilations? :lolwut:
    sick people

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    sick people
    PRSOM :toofuny:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zargabaath)
    PRSOM :toofunny:

ReputationRep:
    what really kills (besides the flavour) it for me is when you cut it or bite it and on your fork you see what isn't lovely white fish flesh and its just sad. They aren't the same.

I agree! McDonald's do cracking good fish fingers, but they don't sell them here, just McKibbeling (which is shite I may add). It's also horrendously expensive compared to the UK. And there's no double cheeseburgers! :mad:
    YES, the grey flesh is kind of off-putting.

Ugh, I'm so grateful for the fish I'm about to eat.

ReputationRep:
    YES, the grey flesh is kind of off-putting.

Ugh, I'm so grateful for the fish I'm about to eat.
    Jealous. I might just buy pizza tonight. Crap thing though is that you can't even buy chips with it! Pants. :<

ReputationRep:
    Sad times

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.